Job description / Role
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
Supporting the field installation, test and commissioning works and monitoring the works of the Thales Installation team and the installation sub-contractors installation teams to help assure high quality of installation works.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Close working with the Thales Installation team to ensure quality issues are communicated and resolved and in support of programmed requirements.
- Ensure the processes for the installation QC activity are followed.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of, and performance against the processes through audit and inspections.
- Ensure that Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's) are raised to capture non-conforming installation practice against relevant installation workmanship standards, and company procedures.
- Ensure both corrective and preventive actions are applied to NCR's to help eliminate the root cause of the problems.
- Ensure relevant legislation and standards are followed by MML staff and sub-contractors.
- Monitor and support the Thales Project Team and it's Sub-contractors in QUENSH compliance.
- Ensuring Inspection and Test Plans are in place and being followed for all installation activities.
- Use of computer based defect tracking tool to track ongoing 'snags' through to closure.
- Provision of advice and guidance to Installers, Testers, Team Leaders and project staff on good quality practices.
- Provision of support and advice in reviewing Thales and sub-contractors Quality documentation.
- Conducting Installation Release Note (IRN) Walk through prior to handover of the works to Test and Commissioning.
- Liaise with Client Representatives as appropriate.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control in a related industry (Electrical/Electromechanical) and at least 2 years of experience on the Infrastructure
- Experience in railway or metro telecom projects will be an advantage
- Working knowledge of ISO9000
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation desirable
Skills, Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written word
- A good outward appearance, self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure are vital
- Should be physically able to work in a track environment and meet all medical requirements
- An Engineering degree level of experience in a suitable discipline (Electrical/ Electromechanical )
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.