Job description / Role
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair and maintenance needs of the customer's equipment and driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs on designated equipment
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instructions
- Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
- Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or other applicable regulatory requirements
- Managing vendors' service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies
- Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving
- Identifies Sales opportunities and communicate to account team
- Assists in Account Sales visits
- Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area
- Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
- Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization
- Insure timely dispatch closure
- Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI's) within prescribed timeframe
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Technical and analytical skills
- At least 2-4 years Field Services experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of a specific modality or multi-modalities
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to work independently
- High work standards and quality
- Initiative and motivation
- Plan and organize work effectively
- Strong communications-, listening- and interpersonal skills
- Good Customer skills; deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.