Job description / Role
Field Service Engineer - Subsea Production
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfieldproducts, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
The Field Service Engineer provides offshore and onshore support to customers & BHGE for installation, maintenance, repair, operation and decommissioning of Subsea equipment and services.
· Perform on-site installation and decommissioning of BHGE systems and equipment
· Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise
· Maintain strong safety mindset to ensure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within BHGE safety standards
· The Field Engineer 6 provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
· Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
· Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
· Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
· Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
· Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
· Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
· Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
· Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
· Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
· Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
· Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical /Mechanical or Mechatronic from an accredited university or college with at least 2 years of experience in oil Field
· Experience in a Subsea Field Services Engineer role - specifically Controls, Completions and/or Wellheads
· Willingness and ability to travel 100% of the time at short notice - this is an ad hoc role and flexibility is essential.
· Must have a valid drivers license
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Petroleum or Mechatronic Engineering is preferred
· Strong business acumen
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
· Strong customer service mindset
· Prior field engineering experience
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong project management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Egypt : New Cairo
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.