Job description / Role
IBM Technical Support Services' (TSS) mission is to become the largest and most successful provider of technical support services in the world. The Client Innovation Center in Cairo, Egypt is building a trans-disciplinary team of network support specialists tasked with supporting our clients in any country worldwide.
The TSS Business Analyst works independently identifying all potential concern areas and either implements a solution action or suggests one to the management. Works with multiple sub-towers within the organization making sure all DOUs and ICAs are in place and properly handled in a timely basis. Makes sure all cost centers are properly balanced by the end of each reporting period (Month, quarter, year).
- Analysis of the actuals, forecast, budget, and business dynamics;
- Interacting with the WW business units and geographies on the forecast, actuals, budget and other financial metrics
- Development of forecast and budget variance analysis and provides business assessments on an ongoing basis
- Creation and maintenance of DOU (Document of Understanding) when needed.
- Creation and tracking of ICAs
- Participate in regular budget (spending) review when necessary
- Perform direct Contract related invoicing activities when required for future opportunities
- Works closely with CIC Management team, TSS MVS Delivery Managers, TSS MVS Financial focal points, CFO
- Maintain audit readiness at all time-audit trails and proper authorization of actions in terms of business operations (DoUs, ICAs, Charge out, EPAT, etc ..)
- Analyze financial data- capex, opex, allocations, manual transfers etc.
- Apply strong analytical skills- link financials to business processes
- Apply decision making skills- be able to solve most problems independently
- Apply knowledge of IBM financial systems
- Strong prioritization skills
- Perform budget planning
This role would require working in US timezone
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work experience of 5 years in a similar/related field
- University Graduate from a relevant field of study
- Good English language
- Analytical skills
- Independent worker and team player
- Strong organization, and planning skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work in US time zone
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Strong knowledge of IBM Financial model- minors, majors, accruals, charge-out, cost, ICA
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Finance
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Early Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.