Job description / Role
The Finance & Admin Business Analyst is essential to the ongoing profitable operations for one of the most globally recognized and respected companies in the world. By overseeing our financial activities, you will enable IBM to continue to bring to market ground-breaking innovations such as Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Solutions, Cloud Infrastructure, and Blockchain technologies, to name a few.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position is based in IBM Cairo CPS, role is for Finance Shared Service Centre. You will handle all stockholders for Record to Report Departments for a premium client. This role will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that statutory reporting, best practices and digitization is fully embedded in the functional areas to achieve the organizational objectives.
- Responsible for the full-cycle of GL, FA, Cash & Bank including X-Charge, prepaid Accruals, Reconciliations, Capitalization, Depreciation and daily of cash & CUC & cheques collection
- Manage collection activities such as negotiating with past-due accounts, referring account to collection agencies, and sending follow-ups
- Communicate and explain work procedures to subordinates
- Ensure that operational criterion is reflected in the GL/FA functions
- Update R2R by monitoring and coordinating all processing performed
- Lead the R2R team and guide them
- Assist in the financial planning with the help of cash forecasting
- Contribute the essential information to adhere to the strategic goals of the company
- Review, 2 nd post all R2R transactions when needed "FA, Entries, CAPX, X-Charges & lead the communication for that.
- Maintain company confidentiality at all times Leading and supporting the team on ground
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Graduate in Commerce (B.Com)
- Commerce Graduate - Accounting &/or Finance
- Pursuing CMA/ACCA /CPA
- Any Accounting certificate is a plus
- SAP Knowledge/experience
- Min 5-8 years of experience in Accounts Receivable vertical.
- Excellent Communication skills in English & Arabic language. (verbal and written),
- Proficient in MS Office applications, especially in MS excel
- Hands on Experience in full R2R cycle "posting JVs, GL reconciliations, supervise cash, bank daily tasks & cheques collection
- Hands on Experience in accounting principles including local GAAP, US GAAP, IFRS & general ledger coding of accounts reconciliations.
- Should have adequate knowledge about process improvements tools and technologies
- Understanding of R2R Sub-Processes, SLA's, Generating required reports, and review with stake holders
- Knowledge on various workflow applications & tools & process available in market that can improve efficiency
- Leadership & Management skills
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.