Job description / Role
The Financial Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting the accounting department in complying with relevant rules and legal conduct in alignment with the group’s policies and procedures.
- Follow up on financial terms of corporate agreements and guarantees implementation including bank covenants, franchisor, lease and rent agreements.
- Administer Extraordinary/ Ordinary General Meeting documents ensuring their legal compliance and timely execution.
- Generate the annual audit plans, support reviewing audit reports and issuing yearly audited financial reports.
- Ensure the practices, policies and procedures are set and implemented in compliance with the local fiscal rules, regulations of the ministry of finance, as well as efficient tax structure in order to guarantee a successful cost control.
- Specific for Regional: Monitor the sales report generated by the countries on a daily basis and report any gap in cash projections to the Group Compliance Manager.
- Specific for Regional: Assist the local accounting department in preparing the financial statements (booking entries, reconciliation and checking trial balance) and perform comprehensive reviews of accounting transactions for adherence with established policies and procedures, and compliance with the measures set by the Group Compliance Manager.
- Specific for Local: Ensure legal books are timely and accurately filled and updated on yearly basis.
- Process and validate all tax activities (tax filling, declaration, inspection and appeal for corporate taxes) in close liaison with public authorities and private consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in MS Office and Accounting Software
- Fluent in English
Competencies Attention to details
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Driving and Achieving results
- Commercial Understanding
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Ras Al Khaimah||31 Jan|
Assistant Finance Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
Finance Manager - Retail
Ignite Search & Selection