Job description / Role
Advanced Customer Services (ACS) is looking for Engineers with hands-on experience and knowledge on Fusion Middleware technology in on premises or in cloud environments, specialized in any of the following areas
• Identity and Access Management and Directory Services.
• SOA and BPM
• Business Intelligence Technology
These engineers will join the Fusion Middleware Expertise Center, a team which centrally delivers proactive and reactive services for any country across the world.
ACS is an organization providing tailored mission critical support services for the full Oracle Product Stack. ACS understands the customer's needs and helps them to increase availability, improve performance, mitigate risk and save cost.
We are looking for flexible and open minded experts, able to work with different technologies, and address complex architectures, on premises, cloud or Hybrid environments. We look for engineers who can quickly learn and who are willing to work with new and innovative products and solutions, and who are capable to interact and collaborate with people in different teams globally to provide always the best tailored solution to Oracle customers.
• Delivering high quality technical results to ACS Customers;
• Understanding customer requirements and based on own skills and experience, being able to design the proper architecture using the most appropriate products and design a technical plan to integrate them and implement the technical solution.
• Analyzing, troubleshooting and solving whenever feasible, the issues the customer may face using Oracle products.
• Identifying required/recommended actions on Customer systems as main output of service delivery, based on own knowledge and experience;
• Escalating at the right time customer issues to Technical Account Manager where relevant;
• Ensuring adherence to internal methodology, tools and quality standards;
• Active participation on Services development;
• Active collaboration with other engineers in the team or in other teams, to share knowledge, experiences and others, which can benefit ACS Business results.
• Mandatory hands-on experience with Weblogic Server, Coherence, Web Tier (Oracle HTTP Server, WebCache), and at least one of the following skills set areas:
• Identity Management (Identity Manager, Access Manager, Entitlements Server, Enterprise SSO, Adaptive Access Manager, Identity Federation, Oracle Universal Directory, Virtual Directory) or…
• SOA&BPM (Oracle Service Bus, B2B, Adapters, Business Rules, BPEL, CEP, Web Services Manager, Business Process Management Suite, BAM) or…
• Webcenter (Webcenter Sites; Webcenter Portal; Webcenter Content, Webcenter Imaging) or…
• Business Intelligence Technology (BI Enterprise Edition, BI Publisher, BI Mobile)
• Forms & Reports, APEX, ADF, Java EE
Experience with any of the following Cloud Services would be highly valued:
• OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure)
• Application Container Cloud Service
• Integration Cloud Service, SOA Suite Cloud Service, API Platform Cloud Service, Process Cloud Service
• Content & Experience Cloud, WebCenter Portal Cloud Service
• BI Cloud Service
• CASB Cloud Service, Identity Cloud Service, Security Monitoring & Analytics Cloud Service Intranet
• University Degree
• Excellent communication and technical documentation writing skills
• Development background will be valued
• Fluent English (other additional languages will be also valued)
• Availability to travel and work onsite at customers
• Availability to work 24x7
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will interface with the customer*s IT staff on a regular basis. Either at the client*s site or from a remote location, you will be responsible for resolution of moderately complex technical problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use and repair/workarounds for Oracle products. You should be highly experienced in some Oracle products and several platforms that are being supported. You will be expected to work with only general guidance from management while advising management on progress/status.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction is essential. A Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred with five years related experience. Experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools is important.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.