Job description / Role
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The General Business Sales Manager is responsible for focusing on complex sales engagements which are mainly partner-driven in the GB-segment. They may be specialized on industry or solutions based on the MU-market; he/she is working in conjunction with (i)PBMs and ISEs. The GBSM covers opportunities in partner- / SAP-accounts above a specific revenue threshold defined in the GTM-setup of the MU/Region. The objective is to coach the partner-sales teams on building a productive pipeline as well as maximizing the revenue via active engagements on selected opportunities.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Solution/ Industry specialized Business Development
- Aligns with PBMs on Partner Business Planning for the territory covered; Identifies potential partners to recruit to meet capacity requirements in collaboration with respective Channel Recruiting expert. Builds business case to present partner value proposition (including economic value prop)
- Responsible for creation, monitoring and review of Business Development activities around his/her solution- or industry- specialization area. Executes innovative approaches to generate business and executes either directly or via the team Participates and actions taking on responsibility for KPI achievement
- Supervises coaching of partner sales reps to interact with prospects in large or complex SW deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in order to position the value of the respective SW or industry solution as supported by ROI, business case development, references, and supporting analyst data. Takes on responsibility for a high conversion rate between pipeline to deal closure, Shortening of the sales process and improvement of win rate in order to achieve real volume business. Be an expert on the competition with their assigned industry and/or geography. Understand competitive threats (e.g., how to beat the competition).
- Drives deal closure in respective territories, especially with regard to participation of new partners that had no business with SAP in the territory before (even though they might be existing SAP partners).
- Enabling the partner to independently drive business with the following resources:
- Partner demand generation plan to build a business pipeline
- Partner competency plan to ensure partner resources are trained on the latest solution and sales content,
- Partner resource utilization plan so partners have full access to and are utilizing SAP tools and methodologies
- Presales coaching plan for existing and new partners
- Generally will be focused on volume segment and ensure alignment with Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Business Managers, Inside Partner Business Managers) and Inside Sales based on key channel economics. Where available will act in strong interrelationship / be co-located with similarly specialized sales roles (e g specialized AEs in Enterprise segment in regional centers of Expertise)
- Monitors the effective and appropriate use of SAP assets (i.e., Presales).
- Guides the reporting on sales progress throughout the year; identification of deviations from plans agreed and actively engaging in measures to deliver goals agreed to.
Leadership / People Development
- Leads and ensures measurable team results.
- Ensures that targets for individual team members are carefully adjusted to industry and solution potential.
- Ensures professional development by providing on the job coaching and access to SAP sales readiness offerings (e.g., trainings), resulting in high employee satisfaction and increased sales readiness for all individuals in his/her area of expertise (solid and dotted line).
- Manages productivity of all team members.
- Provides active coaching to improve performance.
- Initiates recruiting and drives evaluation process of new team members in the light of coverage needs.
- As a people manager, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
- Profound knowledge in one or in several solution areas such as e.g. LoB, Mobility, In-Memory, ByDesign, BA&T, B One, BAiO or in a certain industry
- 15+ years experience in sales at least 2 in sales management (Direct Sales and Channel Sales)
- People management
- Knowing or having successful experience in multi channel go to market models
- Understanding the principles of solution selling through and with Partners
- Industry Expertise
- Ability to create and deliver on strategic plans
- Local market knowledge and understanding
- Knowledge of ERP market
- Business level English: yes
- Business level local language: yes
- Experience in SME/Volume territory Business
- Local market knowledge and understanding
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
- Master equivalent: yes
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.