Job description / Role
The Workplace & Travel Services organisation, delivers the Real Estate, Facilities Management, Building Projects, Travel and Agile services for Unilever, managing a portfolio in excess of 10 million Square Meters of Space. Working with around 850+ employees and 5000+ supplier resources.
Keeping our people safe and secure remains at the heart of our operations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to further develop their career in safety and security. As a new role, there is enormous potential to drive best practice and leading-edge integration of safety and security into Unilever business operations, fit to win in the connected external environment.
- Assist the Global Safety & Security Manager to deliver the ambitious WTS Safety and Security Workplan.
- Help coordinate several improvement projects alongside day-to-day operational support to the business.
- Liase with the regional Service Delivery community to ensure Safety & Security of our people, information and property.
- Help drive enhanced compliance and governance for Safety and Security within WTS.
- Work closely with supplier partners to ensure program alignment.
- Upskill and educate global WTS in construction safety and security.
- Focus on office safety & security performance, infrastructure, service delivery, technology and innovation.
- Facilitate new ways of working to drive the safety and security agenda in a connected digital external environment.
- Offer project management and administration support to the Global Safety & Security Manager to ensure clarity in project objectives and delivery.
- Help risk profile our global workplace portfolio for safety and security to inform levels of protection required.
- Help embed a safe & security culture throughout WTS, 800+ FTE's & 6000+ contractors globally across all offices, R&D & supply chain facilities.
- Provide Safety & Security support, advice and expertise to the WPS operational teams in Unilever across the global regions in accordance with company procedures and agreed objectives.
- Help ensure consistent understanding and deployment of global Safety & Security framework and standards.
- Champion safe and secure behaviour, contributing to reducing incidents and support the delivery of the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP).
- Participate in pilot studies / projects to ensure integration of safety and security requirements.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering / Science / Business / Technical discipline).
- 2-4 years of previous experience in Occupational Safety (+ ideally security) within an FMCG / technical / FM environment is a plus.
- Confident, effective communicator and trainer.
- Good networking skills and collaboration across international environments.
- Excellent Computer skills
- A highly organised individual with project management experience.
- A self-starter able to quickly understand the market and network effectively with internal stakeholders.
- A passion for the profession, working to keep people safe and secure.
- Fluency in English
- A second or third language would be a plus.
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.