Job description / Role
The incumbent in the position is responsible for managing the Lady in Red Section and providing the highest professional services in accordance with Kempinski's policies, procedures and service standards. They also act as a representative of the hotel management and handle all Lady in Red matters brought to their attention, to the satisfaction of the guest.
Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay
Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay introduces luxurious European service with Egyptian hospitality at the premier holiday destination on Egypt's Red Sea coast. The hotel comprises 325 rooms, including 34 suites with a luxurious interior design. We provide a remarkable dining experience in 6 food & beverages with special culinary highlights. The Fitness Center provides a gym, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and 4 treatment rooms, where certain massages can be arranged through The Cascades Spa & Thalasso. The Soma Bay leisure facilities include diving & snorkeling, tennis & squash as well as golf facilities located just a few minutes away from the hotel.
- When situations arise and it is required, provide guests with answers, alternatives and solutions to issues presented.
- Supervise the Guest Relations Agents in their daily duties and ensure these are completed and followed up in accordance with Company standards.
- Maintain a work environment that fosters the coaching, mentoring and development of subordinate staff in consensus with the Guest Relations Manager.
- Ensure operational compliance with all MOMs, Marine Hotel Regulations and Directives as they apply to the department.
- Comply with all safety and environmental regulations as they apply to the position.
- Adhere to and Ensure compliance with all official regulations issued by local authorities.
- Respond to all Guest requests, concerns and issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide premium Guest service by handling all communications, verbal or written in accordance with the set standards. Assist Foreign Speaking Guests by responding to their requests and addressing any concerns in the official languages (English and German) promoted and established by the company.
- Translate printed material in accordance with the Foreign Language Program which entails translating onboard printed material and assisting other Departments when verbal/written translations are needed in order to deliver premium service to these groups of Guests.
- Log and maintain accurate records of all Guest inquiries, concerns and requests using systems provided and in accordance with set procedures.
- Promote various services and programs as appropriate to generate revenue.
- Maintain and update a library of reference materials associated with the function to assist in answering Guest inquiries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform administrative and record-keeping tasks associated with Guest Relations Supervisor function.
- Ensure ongoing Guest Service Training is kept up by providing weekly sessions and training sessions where set standards, policies and guidelines are implemented accordingly.
- Oversee the daily operation and supervision of the Guest Relations Associates performances.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and motivation to the Guest Relations Associates that support employee development.
- Maintain accurate documentation of each direct report's performance and potential development to be discussed during monthly evaluation with the staff, including coaching and mentoring of each direct report in coincidence with the Guest Relations Manager.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and officers within and across department boundaries through verbal and written communications to support resolution of Guest issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to ship's relevant health & safety procedures as required.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned by Guest Relations Manager. Comply with all safety training and requirements.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of two years experience in a Front Office supervisory position preferably in a renown international hotel brand.
- Ability to work and communicate in multinational environment, including excellent oral and written language skills in German and English; Any Additional languages are a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Opera.
- Supervisory skills.
- Luxury Hotel Experiences.
- Good Communication skills.
- General knowledge of tourist and business related information.
- Knowledge of hotel products and services.
- Adaptability/ Flexibility.
- Knowledge of VIP welcoming protocol.
- Friendly and caring.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please and educated to entertain. We never compromise on the European elegance of service and this, blended with our cultural empathy, allows us to deliver incredible experiences in truly original destinations. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.