Job description / Role
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for leading and implementing all marketing activities on a Brand / Country level.
· BMs Leads Innovations with BD
· Approves brand ATL plans for the brand
· Owns A & P for the brand
· Controls brand's/ country P&L
· Leads brand marketing plan
· Lead Brand J2BD coming out of Brand Audit Uses systems, analysis and data to synthesize consumer learning and generate powerful consumer insights
· Use systems such as ACNielsen and Tracker to analyze the current business and assess brand performance and set action plans to grow business.
· Roll out all innovations on current Unilever systems such as IPM
· Anticipates current and future consumer trends and hence, opportunities
· Analyses market trends and growth drivers and prepare plans to tap into those drivers and win in market.
· Proactively anticipates competitor actions (e.g. price increase from competitors)
· Understands each market dynamics across Mashreq and plans and activates the brand according to those dynamics.
· Works with Below The Line (BTL) agencies to deliver exciting activation in the market to the consumers
· Takes part in insight activator events where one meets/interviews consumers to develop close marketplace connections with the consumers
· Be responsible at a format level to manage process, profit margins and budgets
· Is expected to take on some degree of financial responsibility for the brands
· Understands pricing of the brand and pricing vs. competition
· Is responsible to manage large budgets in terms of spend and cost allocation (e.g. agency cost, sampling cost )
· Manages the promotional investment budget and manages the promotional intensity of each market with the country contacts. (e.g. price promotions-manage the type, appearance, 2+1 free or 20% discount)
· Develops and briefs BTL agencies on activation campaigns
· Judges the creative submissions from the agencies and evaluates effectiveness
· Working with the Regional Category team to ensure timely roll out of innovation mixes in Mashreq.
· Is responsible for launch planning, implementation and evaluation of the innovation mix.
· Responsible of brand management in terms of intervening when issues occur on stocks, sales etc, work with customer development & customer marketing team to address issues, set action plans and follow up implementation
· University graduate
· Minimum of 3 year of experience in a relevant field
· Proven project management skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Relationship management skills
· Analytical skills
· Sales experience is a preferable asset
· Digital experience
· Campaigns deployment and products launches
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.