Job description / Role
Head of Heavy Maintenance (Rolling Stock) M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.?
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
- To manage Overhaul teams of the Rolling Stock Unit
- To ensure adequacy of skill and competency of Rolling stocks staff with the respect to safety, quality and technical issues
- To implement maintenance organisation to ensure maximum operational efficiency.
- To ensure rolling stocks availability and condition to a standard that will ensure maximum operational efficiency and maintain standards of product quality and service.
- To achieve the quality and performance targets set for the NAT assets.
- To manage make or buy studies.
- To follow-up on technical objectives related to the quality and the efficiency of the maintenance activities.
- To conduct investigations into failures and ensure implementation of recommendations.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned.
- To review the annual budget, maintenance expenses and explain monthly budget vacancies
- To ensure all environmental and safety rules are respected and alert Executive Maintenance of any environmental or safety issue.
- To ensure maintenance plan is executed effectively and equipment is running as required.
- To adhere to continuous improvement principles
- To ensure minimum levels of equipment downtime including timely and effective response to breakdowns
- To conduct routine maintenance, spot checks of contractors or staff, and maintenance inspections and practice preventative maintenance
- To abide to general housekeeping rules
- To ensure all Sub-contractors compliance with OHS Act policies and procedure.
- To ensure monthly safety audits are conducted.
- To ensure that all agreed routine plant checks and testing are carried out to the specified frequencies and in accordance with Plant Operating Instructions.
- To ensure contractors and staff comply with all applicable regulations.
- To analyse and rectify equipment defects in a timely manner to avoid downtimes.
- To conduct analysis on obsolescence treatment and propose renewal.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Rolling stock expert
- Management Lean manufacturing
- Maintenance Production
- Team Management
- Change Management
- Safety management (OHS acts).
- Advance technical knowledge
- EAM such Maximo
- At least 10 years' relevant experience in Railway industry
- Spent at minimum 10 years in the Rolling Stock maintenance environment.
- Have an experience in the change management culture
Benefits & how to apply
- We offer a competitive remuneration package. If your qualifications, experience and skills fit our requirements, please click on the "Apply" button above and we will review your application.
Other requirements for the role
DESIRED BEHAVIORS & EXPERIENCES
- Rolling Stock expert
- Management skills
- Ability to communicate with staff of all levels
- Ability to supervise and control
- Possess analytical and critical ability
- Possess leadership quality
- Negotiation and decision-making ability
- Innovative, creative and strategic thinking
- Possess self-drive and enthusiasm
- Problem solving ability
- English - fluent in speaking, reading and Arabic will be nice
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.