Job description / Role
Head of Legal - Multinational Corporation - Egypt office
Senior role heading up the legal department in the Cairo office. Generalist responsibilities covering not only all legal issues, but also some say in key strategic decisions for the company
This company is a major multinational corporation with an instantly recognisable brand name. They do not hire often and are known to have a stable legal department across the Middle East. They have been resilient in the face of Covid and the diversified nature of the business means that they have been able to recover from 2020 quicker than most.
* Take a lead role in all issues related to commercial contracts and agreements
* Ensure proper corporate governance
* Develop legal guidelines and standards for all compliance issues
* Liaise with key senior stakeholders across the region as required
* Oversee work and budget for external counsel
This is an exciting chance to be part of a company that is widely considered to be a global market leader. You will have a senior role within the business and will benefit from working alongside team members who are leaders in the field. The quality of work is excellent, and the nature of the company is such that much of this work will be cross-border.
To be considered you must have the following:
* Qualified lawyer with 8+ years legal experience
* Egyptian passport holder
* Experience of having worked in Egypt and knowledge of Egyptian laws
* Experience of having worked in a multinational organisation
* Knowledge and experience of drafting/negotiating commercial agreements
We would be particularly interesting in Egyptian candidates in the UAE who are looking to move back to Egypt.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Inhouse Legal Counsel / Corporate Lawyer
Legal Advisor & Board Secretary
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Senior Legal Counsel - Multinational Corporation
|Saudi Arabia||11 Aug|
Head of Legal