Job description / Role
RATP Dev, a subsidiary of the RATP Group, ensures the operation and maintenance of urban and interurban transport networks in 12 countries through over 110 subsidiaries. With over 18,000 employees and the expertise and backing of a global leader in public transportation, our subsidiaries provide performance, dynamism and reliability to our customers and passengers to their networks.
RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting opportunity in Egypt.
Ensure that all the Company's Safety, Environmental and Occupational Health activities are aligned with the company's rules and standards and ensure a safe, healthy, and incident free environment for employees and passengers of Egypt division.
In accordance with the Executive Committee, develop and implement the Strategic and Management Plans for the RQHSE department based on a Culture of Excellence, Partnership and Sustainability and aligned with the Key Performance Requirements (KPRs) on Health, Safety and Environment.
The roles and responsibilities are the following:
• Work as a team leader to implement the Management Systems in accordance with ISO 45001 & 14001 standards and prepare the whole organization for external assessment and certification audits
• Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health and environment
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, environment and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Coordinate the development of health, safety & environment policies, systems of work and procedures.
• Ensure that all Health, Safety & Environment policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
• Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
• Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation, including training records
• Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
• Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
• Monitor and maintain updated the program of documented HSE inspections, audits and checks
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
• Ensure that all accidents are documented investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that safety and environmental inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety and environmental inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
• Participate in detailed HSE incident investigations and Root Cause Analyses
• Ensure the program of health, safety & environment training is structured and updated throughout the Company
• Liaise with external HSE consultants in the provision of training programs and HSE services and assist in the presentation of relevant HSE training
• Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
• Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
• Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience, preferably in Railway Industry highly focused on management, involving ISO certification and/or Health Safety & Environment management for high performance systems
• 3-5 years' experience working as senior member of a multidisciplinary and/or multinational teams Qualifications
• Preferably Professional Engineer / Master in HSE or equivalent
• Possessing any NEBOSH IGC certificate or equivalent certification is required
• Possessing an internal auditor certification is an advantage
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health and Safety Manager - Pipeline Construction
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jul|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Health and Safety Manager (Facilities Management)
CSG Global Talent
|Saudi Arabia||21 May|
Ignite Search & Selection
HSE Manager - Pumping Station, WWTP, Drainage