Job description / Role
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking health and safety manager to join our established and growing team in Egypt.
The HSE manager will oversee ongoing projects from a consultancy perspective. The role will report directly to the regional HSE lead.
The role is primarily based on site in West Cairo with a duty to oversee other ongoing projects around Cairo.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Promoting actively the HSW best practice.
• Displaying proactively the project focus for a clear understanding of their needs.
• Providing H&S advice to Mace managers and project managers to assist them in achieving business objectives.
• Maintaining core areas of expertise and imparting knowledge to aid the development, training and mentoring of others.
• Advising on and interpreting project contractual and statutory requirements and obligations to protect the project’s integrity.
• Maintaining a personal network. Creating, developing and maintaining an extensive range of internal/external relationships to maximise the impact of expertise and knowledge to influence the quality of strategic decision making.
• Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with customers, partners and suppliers to assist the achievement of business targets.
• Supporting business improvement initiatives.
• Ensuring project topics/issues are captured, reported and solutions suggested to BU leads.
• Being knowledgeable of the fundamental differences between the main forms of contract.
• Understanding of all HSW related processes and gateways. Project compliance with all HSW related processes and gateways.
With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You must have experience of programme or project management equating quality and value with the individual client and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
HSE Manager - Construction - Immediate start
|Saudi Arabia||10 Feb|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE
HSE Operations Manager
TGC Middle East
Construction Health and Safety Manager
|Saudi Arabia||5 Apr|