Job description / Role
Health & Safety and Environment Supervisor M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
Ensure that all the Company's Safety, Environmental and Occupational Health activities are aligned with the company's rules and standards and ensure a safe, healthy, and incident free environment for employees and passengers of Egypt division. In accordance with the Executive Committee.
The Objectives are the following
- Support enhancement in HSE and processes,
- Providing support, advice, and guidance on all aspects of HSE,
- Supporting the measurement of HSE to enable improvements, development and delivery of HSE training,
- Liaising with external auditors,
- Provide Aid HSE Manager.
- Acting as a field expert within RATP-Dev groups.
- Support Site HSE manager for HSE topics
- Cooperate with the internal resources to achieve HSE objectives.
- Support the Site HSE Manager to perform HSE Risk Assessment and to define appropriate measures to control risks.
- Support the HSE Site Manager to prepare, implement and maintain emergency plans.
- Assist Site HSE Manager to coordinate and control activities with respect of HSE, especially where interfaces are involved with other contractors
- Provide support and advice to site personnel to prevent injury, damage to plant and equipment, fire, environmental pollution.
- Recognize the best practices and the good performance. React to violations to regulations and RATP Dev Standards.
- Advise other Site personnel on all aspects of HSE applicable to site activities.
- Develop Site HSE Management System
- Support the Site HSE Manager to develop, deploy and maintain the local procedures and tools and make sure they are aligned with RATP Dev Standards and international standards (ISO 14001 and ISO 45001).
- Support the Site HSE Manager to ensure that RATP Dev HSE standards and tools (SafeTracker) are deployed at Site level.
- Assist the Site HSE Manager to ensure compliance of the site activities according to the HSE Plan, guidelines, and work instructions.
- Perform HSE legal compliance checks for specific requirements.
- Develop HSE culture in the site.
- Inform, instruct, and train employees to carry out the work in safe & environment-friendly mode according to the method of statement.
- Participate in the implementation of the site HSE training programs by providing HSE inductions and ensuring Toolbox meetings are organized.
- Support manager to carry out 5' safety briefing and 15' safety discussion.
- Promote a positive Safety culture within the workplace and attend any Safety related meetings/briefings as required within the Job role.
- Comply with the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and Safety Management System.
- Ensure that all accidents and 'near misses 'are properly recorded, reported, and investigated to determine the root causes.
- Submission of Hazard observations in accordance with Hazard observation reporting guidelines
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Health & Safety Qualification recognized by the enforcing authorities in the country of operation (when required).
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in developing organization wide policies.
- Exposure to the railway environment and its operations and safety procedures
- Prior involvement and experience in construction and project management is an advantage, including T&C, trial running and handover.
- Management standards relevant to the systems under his/her responsibility
- Risk analysis
- HSE management tools
- Standards in relation with Integrated Management Systems: ISO14001 and ISO 45001
- Min 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably in Railway Industry highly focused on management, involving ISO certification and/or Health Safety & Environment management for high performance systems
Benefits & how to apply
We offer a competitive remuneration package. If your qualifications, experience and skills fit our requirements, please click on the "Apply" button above and we will review your application.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Engineer - High Rise
HSE Manager - High Rise Construction
Lead Health & Safety Officer - Facilities Services