Job description / Role
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you're having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Main Job Purpose:
- Understand Material Planning principals (MPR, Inventory Models)
- Utilize computer software to communicate, analyse, and document planning activities and develop KPI Reports utilizing Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills used in preparing presentations and interaction with both internal and external customers.
- Accurately interpret written and oral instructions and follow systematic instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills. Interact effectively with all levels including other Unilever sites, Supply Chain Planning, manufacturing personnel.
- Motivate, energize, and foster team activities and relationships. Ability to resolve conflict.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate material requirements based on system generated MRP and requisition materials accordingly.
- Expedite and postpone raw and package materials to support and maintain a flexible production schedule while communicating with Business Units and support departments to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Monitor raw and package inventory to achieve continuous improvement in inventory optimization.
- Maintain and utilize inventory models.
- Interface with Purchasing, Supply Chain Planning, Vendors.
- Maintain Bills of Material, material master data, factory invoices and internal KPI's
- Apply WCM principals to identify major loss areas, facilitate process improvement.
- Work closely with the production planners to get the material requirements and issue the planned orders.
- Plan raw material and corresponding packaging supply.
- Ensure that the correct prices are updated and request any prices update from the supply management.
- Coordinated with suppliers for issuing purchase orders and monitored their supply progress.
- Monitored stock levels and maintained optimum business level; interfaced with production and consumption points to maintain min. stock levels.
- Implement consignment inventory goals, turnover targets.
- Issue forecast of the materials to the suppliers on periodic basis.
- Coordinate with the clearance team for shipment clearance.
- Coordinate with the warehousing team to manage the shipment receiving
Key Competencies & Skills:
- 0 - 2 years of experience in Planning or Production is preferable
- Engineering graduate is a must
- SAP background is preferable
- FMCG experience is preferable
- Strong communication and analytical skills
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.