Job description / Role
We believe our Talent Team is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people - their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is wishing to broaden their HR experience, specifically within the operations area where you will obtain experience, exposure and knowledge across all areas of HR across the Levant cluster; the role will report to the Levant Operations Lead. You will be required to work across the cluster to ensure exceptional service delivery throughout the employee lifecycle. The role will also require you to work closely and partner with the key stakeholders across the Service Lines; you will also be required to collaborate with other Talent functions to ensure consistency of user experience, client satisfaction, timeliness and responsiveness of service, quality of service, efficiency of delivery etc.
Your key responsibilities
In this role you will support the HR Operations Lead on some of the below activities and lead on other areas:
- Supporting Cairo office activities of a generalist nature that are required to be managed locally such as liaising with external authorities, employee documentation and other ad hoc local requirements that require physical presence
- Provide Insights for the Talent Consultants and Talent Development - this would be via the HR Ops Lead
- Work with HR Enablement Leader and Performance Improvement Lead to improve efficiencies within Regional Talent Team - this would be via the HR Ops Lead
- Liaison with Managed Services/HR
- Act as an escalation point for Managed Services
- Partner with the business to provide HR expertise and insights in areas of focus
- Manage all HR Matters, according to its specialty, escalating to HR Operations Lead as needed for higher risk/ sensitive cases
- Provide guidance and management of involuntary separations including probation terminations and employee performance dismissals, advising on exit packages and legal implications
- Work with counsellors in handling of all performance management cases and probations up to and including dismissals
- Provide coaching and guidance to build counsellor capability in performance management and talent development
- Ensure the support and delivery of key operational areas such as PIPs and Exits
- Advise of any local legal update to the HR Operations Lead
- Support Employee Relation cases
- Deliver Induction and WTEY for new joiners
Skills and attributes for success
- Enabling strong relationships with key stakeholders across the cluster from the Service Lines, Talent and other functions to ensure exceptional service delivery
- Pro-actively suggesting process improvements
- Employee Relations experience
- Good understanding of risk
- Knowledge of HR systems is preferred
- Experience in metrics reporting and analysis preferred
- Experience with Shared Services
To qualify for the role you must have
- 4+ years' experience of working in HR operations within a professional services firm or a complex organization
- A bachelor's degree in human resources or a related discipline
- Experience in working within MENA region
- Experience of working 'cross border'
- Experience of working with Shared Services
- Experience working within large scale projects
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communicator; English, both written and verbal
- Ability to challenge
- Negotiation skills
- Highly competent in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Ideally, you'll also have
- A passion to pursue your CIPD in the future or already have this qualification
- Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate process and procedures clearly
- An enthusiastic, can do approach and be a strong team player
What we look for
We are interested in professionals who is wishing to pursue a career in HR to gain valuable skills providing administrative support to the wider team. We're looking for someone like you who has the autonomy to manage their stakeholders, offering advice on best practice delivering high quality administrative support to your team.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region