IBM Automation Partner Technical Specialist
IBM Middle East
Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Automation Partner Technical Specialist, you are IBM's technical sales consultant to our clients and a technical sales leader for IBM sales teams. You will learn your client's business requirements, technical requirements, and competitive landscape and apply your technical knowledge and experience to bring new solutions to your assigned clients. You will be responsible for collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions. You will deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, and Proof of Concepts.
You will support technical escalations, design solutions, and answer technical questions throughout the sales process in order to progress and close sales and develop customer relationships. You will assist the IBM sales team with quantifying the value proposition of our solutions with clients.
IBM Automation Partner Technical Specialist is responsible for the promotion of IBM Automation, Integration and AIOps solution portfolio, including IBM WebSphere Application Server, MQ, Open API, Business Process Manager (BPM), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Document Management, Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Systems Management tools etc.
- Demonstrated technical and business value aptitude
- Demonstrated customer-facing, presentation, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a mobile environment
- Taking initiatives to own accounts and issues and driving team members toward the common goal of winning business
- Ability to articulate the technical benefits of IBM's IT portfolio products, solutions, and services to all levels in customer's organization
- Ability to identify the client's business and technical requirements
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key decisions makers and influencers at your clients
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling demonstrations, proof of concepts, prototypes, and other pre-sales assets which tie IBM Automation solutions to Customer Value
- Ability to assist with Request for Proposal (RPF)/Request for Information (RFI) and other technical questionnaires
- Competency in support training and consulting in post-sales tool and processing deployment situations
- Understanding of Information Management surrounding technology at a high level and positioning value props for these products with clients
- Ability to provide technical assistance for marketing activities: Regional Workshops, User Group Meetings, Sales Seminars, Meet-ups, and Trade Shows.
- Ability to demonstrate competency to deliver technical engagement activities, such as Solution Demonstration, Proof of Concept Test, Technical Workshop either on the Cloud or on-Premise.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's degree holder from Computer Science / Engineering / Data Science relevant discipline is expected;
- Early professionals preferably with interest in Digital Business Automation, Integration, Open API, AIOps solution area either on the Cloud or on-Premise.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking, and listening
- Excellent presentation skills.
Knowledge in some of the following solution area, such as:
- Java Application Server (J2EE, SOA, Micro Services etc.)
- Open API solution (API Connect, Application Connect Enterprise, MQ etc.)
- Digital Business Automation (Business Process Manager, Document Management, RPA)
- AIOps (Application Performance Monitoring APM, Application Resource Management ARM, Systems Management tools)
- Deploy solution on Hybrid Cloud Platform (Container Platform, Kubernetes, Public Cloud)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge in analytics language and tooling required for specific tools, such as: Java, SQL, Python etc.
- Able to provide support occasionally beyond usual business hours
- Fluent in English.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.