Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
The Cluster Finance Leaders are key individuals in the PwC Middle East Finance team. They are accountable for the finance activities of the countries in their cluster. Together with the Cluster Finance Team they provide a critical, country level, interface between the business and the wider PwC ME Finance team.
- Accountable for the day to day delivery of country finance activities including timely and accurate month end closing and reporting
- Provide local oversight of statutory reporting, taxation and other regulatory requirements. Working with central functions to ensure timely and accurate compliance
- Provide financial analysis and insight to local leadership to support both strategic and operational decision making and assessment of local performance against KPIs
- Support regional strategic finance activities including planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Identify and implement cost optimisation initiatives in coordination with local leadership and other stakeholders
- Partner with country leadership and other functional leaders to deliver trusted financial insight and value
- Work closely with the wider ME Finance Team to deliver regional support to the ME business.
- Ensure finance activities are conducted in accordance with applicable law and regulation, PwC policies and procedures, accounting principles and standards.
- Responsible for the identification, management, mitigation and escalation of local finance risks
- Identify and implement process optimisation initiatives using innovative & digital solutions in coordination with the ME Finance Transformation Leader.
Learning & Growth
- Lead, motivate and inspire the Cluster Finance Team, driving their performance to a new level that is highly commercial, innovative and a true business partner
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and Cluster Finance Team members, including keeping up to date with local taxation, regulatory and statutory reporting requirements
- Focus on ongoing quality improvement, staff development and training, best practice sharing and greater team working
- Develop talent within the team by providing consistent direction and support
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Certified accountancy qualification (CPA, CFA, CMA) required
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 10+ years of experience in a Finance function of which at least 2 years have been in a senior management role
- Demonstrated financial accounting, management accounting and financial control experience in a senior leadership position
- Experience in enforcement and continuous improvement of financial policies and procedures
- Exposure to global best practices and trends in finance
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Excellent calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- In depth knowledge of financial operations and processes, including accounting, reporting and financial control activities
- In depth understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices
- Excels in developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across the business both locally and regionally
- Excellent leadership, team building and people management skills
- Proactive and organised with excellent time management and decision making skills
- Thorough with an eye for detail
- Passionate about client service
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.