Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Finance Operations team manages PwC's financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As a part of our team, you'll assist us with budgeting, reporting, business operations, domestic and international accounting operations, and finance strategy.
Working directly with the Country Senior Manager, this role will assume full day to day operational responsibility for execution of the Finance requirements of the relevant countries.
The role directs all local finance staff in the financial functions so that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the organizations short and long-term business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations, accounting principles, and standards. Working with the OneFinance shared service centre to ensure that financial processing services transition smoothly and meet the business operational requirements of the country.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership for country finance staff on daily basis, ensuring regular meetings as required to maintain relationships
- Ensure all local finance requirements for country are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with interpretation and analysis of monthly results, identifying underlying trends and areas of concern, providing value added insight into the underlying business issues impacting performance and making pro-active recommendations for remedial management action
- Optimise management of working capital, influencing behaviour changes to minimise balance sheet risk
- Work closely with the country Senior Manager to ensure effective working with other functional areas (HC, IT, Resourcing) to maximise value added support to the business
- Maintain a strong understanding of commercial activities within each country.
- Lead local Finance staff to deliver best in class financial management and decision support to countries
- Act as a communicator of best practice financial management and leading on change management actions locally to ensure fully shared and communicated to all staff effectively
- Work with shared service centre to move transaction processing
- Ensure financial management procedures are tightly managed so as to ensure a 'no surprises' environment
- Ensure delivery of high quality and timely month end results, assisting with insightful commentary and interpretation thereof
- Act as a guardian and encourage a culture and strong financial discipline across the practice, communicating and ensuring compliance with Firm/LoS policies and procedures
Learning & Growth
- Lead, motivate and inspire the local finance staff, driving performance to a new level to focus on ongoing quality improvement, staff development and training, best practice sharing and greater team working
- Develop talent within the team by providing consistent direction and support
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Professional certification (CPA, ACCA, CFA, CMA, CIA)
- Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
- 8+ years of experience in a Finance function of which at least 2 years are in a management role
- Demonstrated experience with financial accounting /management accounting
- Experience in enforcing Financial policies in large organizations across a region
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Good calculation and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- In depth knowledge of financial operations and processes, including accounting, reporting and financial control activities
- Understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Skilled in maintaining client relationships
- Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Good people management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good decision making skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.