Ernst & Young
Job description / Role
To manage PRO related activities and representing EY at government authorities.
The remit of this role requires an experienced National Senior PRO with in-depth knowledge of Labour and Immigration requirements that can provide support and expertise to our Immigration team as well as the ability to liaise with the government offices to proactively manage challenging cases and find effective and sustainable solutions.
Essential functions of the job:
- Manage the documentation provided by the Immigration team members and represent EY with submissions to all government authorities relating primarily to visa / work permit applications, visa stamping, attestation of birth / marriage / education certificates etc.
- Manage all requirements / company representations and submissions at notary public for POA registrations including providing support to the Legal team to attest documents as and when required.
- Handle all issue cases and provide status updates on a regular basis in addition to providing a sensible alternative approach to resolve such cases.
- Update the team on a regular basis with any changes that take place with the government authorities.
- Manage and support any queries received for outbound visas relating to business travel as well as submit applications on their behalf to the consulate / embassy as and when needed.
- Support with the renewal of Auditors Registration & Partners Auditors Certificate Renewals and Trade Licenses as and when needed.
- Ensure the Immigration team are kept aware of any Immigration & Labour challenges and changes to processes and procedures
- Escalate any high-risk situations and ensure that the Office Immigration Lead has adequate information to make the right decisions.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant government authorities to ensure providing consistently high levels of client service.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Confidentiality and Integrity, as this role requires dealing with employees' personal documentation
- Upholding EY's values, brand and reputation as well as understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic; able to embrace new ways of working.
- Should be a Team player with an ability to build strong client relationships
- Good networking and sound relationships built with the immigration and ministry of labour
- Able to provide comprehensive and practical solutions to complicated cases
- Ability to work under pressure
- Handling all documents and transaction for immigration and Ministry of Labour
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or law or business administration or any related field.
- 3 - 5 years' experience as a government relation representative working closely with the government offices
- Excellent knowledge of all immigration and labour processes to provide effective and alternate solutions to issues faced.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic as well as excellent English language skills (written and verbal)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel with strong attention to detail
- Nationals of the respective countries with government mandated documents
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region