Job description / Role
Instock Manager (ISM) plays a critical role in delivering the ideal customer experience by ensuring availability of the right product quantities, at the right time. S/He works with internal teams to optimize end-to-end supply chain, drives system and process enhancements, and engages with Retail suppliers to improve operational performance.
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Instock Manager for the Central Instock team in Egypt. This leader and his ISM team will be responsible for solving complex supply chain and inventory management problems, optimizing and creating new internal processes and partnering with large retail managed vendors on improving operational efficiencies.
We are looking for candidates with passion for innovation, process simplification, large-scale impact and operational improvements with ability to manage multiple projects and cooperate with stakeholders, planning, prioritizing and delegating appropriate tasks. This is a high visibility, high impact role requiring strong communication (written & verbal) and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Vendor Management, SCOT, Finance and Operations. Successful candidates will be those able to prioritize well, display Ownership, Dive Deep, Invent and Simplify and have a consistent track record of delivering results.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Retail products Out of Stock management, with core responsibility of ensuring maximum product availability and coverage through accurate forecasting / demand planning, and overlooking ordering processes and capacity management.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders on selection expansion, deals management, and opportunity buying to ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Create scalable Instock processes by working with Tech and Product teams, vendor operations, and vendor management.
- Guide Retail business teams in their ability to develop and execute daily, weekly & monthly action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy and service.
- Track key customer experience metrics and drive improvements across them by building actionable plans.
- Participate in manufacturer and suppliers business reviews, and provide insights for scaling business opportunities
- Lead a team of instock managers – hire, manage and develop a team
- Influence Tech and Operations teams in building support and resources for projects and initiatives to automate inventory management processes, act as local product manager to implement global automation & Artificial Intelligence tools
- Manage large scale data to drive decision making;
- 8+ years of working experience ideally in supply chain, inventory management with project management experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Management, Economics, Maths or similar
- Experience working with complex data sets
- Excellent communication and stakeholder influencing skills, with aptitude for data-driven argumentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with English proficiency
- A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results oriented mentality combined with ability to work strategically
- Must have a proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
- Highly analytical, flexible, action and results oriented, self-starter, comfortable with computer databases and tools
- Graduate degree in Business (MBA), Engineering or a Supply Chain / Operations discipline preferred
- Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Experience with SQL is a plus
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.