Intermarket Supply Supervisor
Nestle Middle East
Job description / Role
Inter-Market Supply Supervisor
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment - passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
To efficiently manage the Inter-Market Supply Collaboration between both IMS and 3rd Supplying factories of Finished Goods, Bulk and Raw materials importing to entire MENA Region - Import Customer and IMS control tower with external parties and shipping lines.
The scope also expands to manage the finished goods exports moving out from MENA factories to within the region as well as outside region under triangular invoicing.
The role oversees SAP transaction and physical flow of goods is managed. Achieve on-time Customer Order Fulfillment and consistent receiver satisfaction.
A DAY IN THE LIFE ...
- Supervises Import/Export related activities and requirement for smooth execution of order replenishment process (customs clearance, road, air & sea international transportation booking, etc.) be it outsourced or in-house.
- Communicate and collaborate regularly and consistently with all the other areas involved in the Supply Chain end-to-end process (i.e., Supply Planners, Import Clearing Officers, CS &D Managers, Suppliers, Regulatory, Shipping lines, Globe, Finance ) on IMS related matters.
- Accelerate clearance with customers /OPCs and ensure timely readiness of the stocks for sale in collaboration with demand planners and import clearance officers.
- Reduction on documentation lead time and requirements by conducting process mapping with suppliers. Lean methodology with suppliers for TDC savings and zero demurrage.
- Ensure monthly adherence to functional health checks and periodic review of General Shipping Instructions (GSI) for better management of risk and opportunities.
- Established relationship with Category supply planners, IMS suppliers and OPCs by initiating regular alignment / reviews to manage exceptions and potential issues. (e.g., DOR, WOR, MOR, QOR)
- Monitor IMS claims to supplier within the agreed lead-time to closure.
- Performs order management activity for agent's order (depends on the Category of assignment).
- Supervises and monitor 3PL IMS Control Tower day-to-day task and initiate regular reviews and alignment.
ARE YOU A FIT?
- Solid experience in Import/Export or shipping industry (not less than 3-4 years)
- Understands Best Practices, implication and alignment points in Intermarket Supply partnership and supply planning processes.
- Must be familiar with shipping industry systems / programs to leverage on carrier's portal to create visibility of cargo and shipment status.
- University degree in Business Administration, or in International Procurement and Materials Management
- Knowledge of International Trade, Banking Instruments, Customs Law and Regulations is an advantage.
- Experience in related business improvement projects.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.