Job description / Role
Joining Nestlé Internal Audit is a unique opportunity for you to contribute to the development of the world’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company and to work with great brands and like-minded colleagues enhancing lives of people, pet and planets, everywhere, every day. You will get to work and train in every area of our business, while travelling in the Middle East, Pakistan and Africa Region to carryout assignments.
If you love travel, are a natural problem solver and are able to communicate with stakeholders ranging from operators on shop floor in a factory to Heads of Businesses, there is no other opportunity which gives you such a breadth of exposure, and the real opportunity to make an impact. The role offers you the opportunity to experience the fascination of interacting with people from many different backgrounds and cultures.
A day in the life of...
• Your suitcase is packed as you make an early start towards the airport. The destination for this project is Cape Town, but indeed over the past few months you’ve been able to travel to many countries across the Middle East, Pakistan and Africa.
• Whilst waiting for the flight, you have a call with an Audit Team member from another project wanting to discuss one subject with you. From the factory, to farms, to different offices you act as a consultant to spot improvements across multiple functions and projects. You’re a natural problem solver, using data to support your insight and improvements
• On landing in Cape Town, you’re united with colleagues from your project team. Working together in three-month sprints gives you the chance to build close relationships, and you really enjoy the diversity of the team.
• You arrive to the Head Office of Nestlé South Africa, and at first you meet the senior leaders of the market. They outline the challenge, and explain that your first stop will be to visit the factory to speak to operators about the ‘as is’ process. Expectations are set, introductions are made, and already your mind starts racing about the opportunities ahead.
• You start to work on assigned tasks and responsibilities in your team, and prepare your notes for the interviews you’ll conduct for the afternoon.
• That afternoon you’re off to meet the operators. This is a hands on role, so you want to understand as much as you can to be able to successfully recommend improvements.
• Exhausted, but excited, you go back to the hotel, planning for tomorrow. No two days are ever the same, but you’re excited about another opportunity to really drive our business forward across functions from marketing and sales to HR and Supply Chain.
• And here comes the weekend, and you are out to explore beautiful Cape Town after a full week of work!
What will make you successful
• To excel in this environment, you need to enjoy challenges, be a good team player,hold strong analytical and communication skills, and ability to lead others
• Self -motivated, result driven, ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize information at hand.
• Desire and commitment to travel extensively; adaptive to various working conditions (i.e. factories, warehouses, field visits) and strong interest in working in an international environment.
• Aptitude to learn and master various subjects from marketing to auditing a boiler house in factory and environmental commitments.
We thank all applicants for their interest and looking forward to hear from you.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.