Job description / Role
The International Tax and Transaction Services (ITTS) practice is comprised of three competencies focused on advising corporate and private equity clients on all aspects of their capital agenda - Transaction Tax Advisory, International Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. ITTS is unique in that it is a joint venture between the Transaction Advisory Services and Tax service lines allowing ITTS to maximize market opportunities as well as the growth and development of ITTS professionals. The transactions market is a major part of EY's market strategy and a huge opportunity for the business and EY professionals.
The Transfer Pricing (TP) competency addresses planning, documentation and controversy issues associated with all types of intercompany transactions, assisting companies with supply chain matters, with a particular focus on intangible property, and helping companies accurately reflect and monitor their transfer pricing in their financial systems. With this many service offerings, you will have the opportunity to participate in cross competency trainings to help develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Constantly changing regulatory environments have led to rapid growth in the area of transfer pricing. EY is a leader in synthesizing global developments and advising our clients. You'll see that reflected in your career, as you'll be working with prestigious global clients at the leading front of economic analysis. Whether you've built your skills in another global organization, you're approaching this from an industry perspective, or you've recently completed a B.A., master's or PhD and are interested in applying your analytical skills, you could really shine here.
Your key responsibilities
You'll be heavily involved at all stages of the project life cycle, making this a high-profile opportunity to take on a wide range of responsibilities and diversify your skills and experience. It's all about translating information from a variety of sources into quantitative and qualitative analyses to inform and advise our clients. That will include building relationships with clients in a spectrum of industries and getting to know their unique needs and aspirations to provide tailored global services. It will also mean demonstrating your leadership by supervising multiple transfer pricing engagements and contributing to the delivery of quality tax planning services for our diverse clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Applying complex transfer pricing concepts and economic/financial knowledge to resolve client challenges
- Providing a fully integrated approach to transfer pricing by preparing documents and assisting in defending transfer pricing in audits supplying innovative transfer pricing and economic ideas, alongside responsive services and work products
- Modelling financial outcomes, valuing intangible assets and developing practical planning approaches
- Coordinating work with other client service colleagues globally to drive collaboration
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management, Policy Analysis or another relevant discipline and a minimum of 8 years of related work experience
- A master's, law degree, CPA, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), American Society of Appraiser's Business Valuation Certification or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work at a fast-pace, often with shifting responsibilities
Ideally, you'll also have
- A PhD in a relevant discipline
- A consistent record of excellence in a professional services environment
- Existing transfer pricing experience
What we look for
We're interested in experienced tax professionals with a collaborative, client-focused approach to work. You'll need strong communication skills, and the ability to effectively prioritize when working with multiple clients and engagement teams. If you're a naturally curious problem solver with confidence to get involved and support colleagues and clients across the business, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region