Job description / Role
Africa Interventional Product Marketing develops a regional product/portfolio strategy including positioning, market segmentation and targeting and installed base retention. This position is responsible for generating growth of the Interventional business portfolio in Africa through demand creation, installed base retention and funnel acceleration in partnership with Field Marketing; and supporting future product planning by identifying market trends, relevant buying centers and customer needs.
- Collecting win/loss & competitive insight on product portfolios at regional level; feedback to global product; recommend and develop marketing programs to adjust product positioning and improve win rate and share positon.
- Collaborating with commercial leadership and global marketing to develop the region market and orders forecast.
- Ensuring regional marketing plans & execution are aligned with global marketing plan (value proposition, positioning, marketing mix, etc.) to grow orders and share.
- Providing region input to business cases for products/upgrades that are at concept stage, work with Global Product Marketing to develop, test and prototype new product ideas
- Employing clinical and industry trend analysis, and market share and competitive analysis relevant to a product / portfolio.
- Conducting in-depth research to define customer problem statement, success metrics, clinical and economic needs, buying cycles, and personas (to support development of global MRD) .
- Validating global value proposition and messaging and adapt for regional use.
- Prioritizing and mapping global customer segments and work with Field Marketing on demand creation activities to achieve NPI and business objectives.
- Working with Field Marketing organization on interlocks, understanding and reacting to win-loss, leveraging demand generation opportunities, providing relevant support for regional campaigns, etc.
- Developing and supporting product-specific KOL's and advisory boards.
- Developing regional thought leadership and advertising and promotion strategy in support of demand creation and funnel acceleration activities.
- Adapting global marketing assets (including sales tools) to ensure that the region commercial organization has the right tools to position and sell product configurations / portfolio effectively.
- Training direct / indirect sales channels.
- Identifying and establishing reference and show sites.
- Developing programs to gather regional evidence of customer success, early adopters, show sites, and clinical evidence where appropriate
- Coordinating product training for commercial teams by leveraging Global Product Marketing and Global Product Management support
- Providing commercial teams product knowledge in product use, differentiation, positioning and pricing
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Responsible for ensuring legal and regulatory approval of all marketing communications prior to external release
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
- Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
- Prior experience in a leadership role with direct reports
- Team oriented - ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of direct reports
- Strong analytical and process skills
- MBA or Master's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years' experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
- Deep marketing expertise in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
- Healthcare product/industry acumen
- Segment experience (where applicable)
- Innovation - develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
- Influencing skills - ability to motivate individuals and demonstrate organizational influence
- Required to be fluent in French and English
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.