Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
This role is the primary contact between the DPE and delivery support organization. They are an integral part of the account planning and delivery support strategy. They support the DPE and/or PE as the service delivery advocate. They proactively monitor the problem and change process and manages problem and change issues and alerts as needed. They work with the customer (project office) to understand issues and requirements and responds to requests for new services (RFS's) to help grow the business. They help to ensure quality of service and manage cost of delivery by looking at better ways to provide service in a cost efficient manner. They lead and direct the delivery team with direction from the DPE/PE and may be assigned to one or more accounts depending on their size and complexity. They monitor and manage Service Level performance on assigned account(s) and reports attainment and potential exposures in a timely manner.
- Provide DPE/PE single point of contact and be the advocate between Service Delivery and the DPE/PE/Customer
- Manage cost including annual DOU/interlock plan negotiations between service delivery and the DPE/PE
- Ensure positive customer satisfaction and customer relationship is maintained
- Manage delivering to contract performance standards and client measurements
- Drive/Manage service quality and improvement of service delivery processes
- Participate in the (O)/U cost/recovery management with the DPE/PE
- Continually identify ways to reduce cost delivering the services and improve service
- Deliver on service commitments
- As directed by the DPE/PE, drive/manage subcontractors/third party providers
- Participate in Technical proposal preparation and submit to DPE/PE for review and approval
- Participate in account plan/strategy
- Understand customer requirements and business opportunity/requirements identification, guidance, support and closure - Provide technical support and participate in the Change Control Board and/or change control process
- Provide account leadership/direction and technical support
- Participate in response to RFS's on behalf of the delivery organization
- Drive/participate and coordinate audit readiness and GSD331 compliance for delivery
- Drive/participate and coordinate crisis management The employee focuses on individual/team/department/ operational objectives.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Candidate should be ITIL & PMP Certified.
- Broad knowledge for data/ voice networks, IT infrastructure.
- Managing day-to-day operations from IT perspective spanning Voice & Data Networks aside with applications support.
- Proven experience with IT service management.
- Managing the vendors / suppliers to ensure timely delivery of end user equipment /supplies & IT infrastructure components for continuous service delivery.
- Acting as a focal point for technical solutions for new off shore clients and a single point of ownership for Egypt within CPS IT Service Delivery.
- Preparing and tracking yearly budget/procurement/invoice settlement and proper cost allocation for IT services/ equipment.
- Ensuring that the CPS IT solution (connectivity and telephony) provided by the CPS IT Transition manger, as used by the clients/ end users, is updated and understood, along with the processes for providing client IT support.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior IT Manager
IT Project Manager
IT Senior Officer - Systems & Monitoring
Robert Half International (RHI)
IT Project Manager