Job description / Role
ETIC - ITI - Java Full Stack - Senior Associate - (Cairo)
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
About PwC ETIC - Egypt Technology and Innovation Centre
- PwC is opening a new Technology & Innovation Center in Cairo that will deliver high quality technology solutions to consulting Clients across the globe. The Centre will provide a broad suite of skills and services to our clients, ranging from Packaged Applications such as SAP & Oracle, to Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Custom Development and Cloud services utilising AWS, Azure and Google, as well as expanding our existing Managed Services capabilities.
- We are seeking to recruit a Java Full Stack Senior Associate to join our team in Cairo. The successful candidate will have a 3-6 years of relevant experience.
- The centre is looking to expand rapidly and we are looking for enthusiastic self-starters with a passion for technology and client delivery to help shape and form this new venture.
As a Custom Development Java Full Stack Senior Associate SW Developer, scope overview:
- Participate in the designing and building of complex solutions for a web application (end-to-end)
- Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP), microservices architecture design, build and implementation
- Implementation of container-based REST APIs using container frameworks like OpenShift, or Docker
- Automated testing, Test driven development (TDD)
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Experienced with event-driven frameworks such as Kafka, Catapult (AWS SNS, SQS, DynamoDB), RabbitMQ, or IBM MQ or any similar technology
- Experienced with DevOps continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling eg Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. and ability to perform developer-owned Devops tasks
- Strong drive for Clean Code, Automation tools, Design improvements and Code quality (via Unit testing)
- Knowledge of (JMS), Java 2 Connector (J2C), Object/Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (Hibernate, Java Persistence API (JPA), Java Data Objects (JDO), etc), Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- 3-6 years of relevant experience.
- Java/J2EE, Spring , Spring Boot Services
- AWS - SNS, EC2, S3, Cloudwatch, SQS, Lambda
- DynamoDB, OpenShift, Docker
- RDBMS databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server, AWS, RDS
- Gitlab, Github or any similar tool, Branching and Merging Strategies
- Hibernate, Jenkins, APIgee, JSON, JSF, XHTML, Tools like Kibana, new relic or similar logging and monitoring tools
- BDD, TDD. Unit Testing Frameworks (JUnit),Performance testing, API tests, Contract and Component level Testing
- Basic Linux, Frontend/UI Dev experience, Automation Testing, Devops tools .
Essential skills & attributes:
- Understanding of SDLC is a must
- Previous experience working in Agile team is a plus
- Experience in Consulting or in working within multinational environments. Good communication skills and initiative.
- Experience in the insurance industry domain is preferred
- University Degree
- Software Engineering Diploma or Masters is a plus
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.