Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The security consultants are advisors who can speak about the entire security landscape with a client’s management or senior management team.
The consultants should have understanding and experience in one of the core security domains (Security Strategy Risk and Compliance; Identity Management; SOC Enablement/Operations & SIEM; Application and Data; Infrastructure Endpoint and Mobile Security).
The consultants will provide subject matter expertise in the form of briefings, workshops, and/or consulting engagements within their domain that assess a client’s security capabilities as well as recommending solutions to enhance a client’s overall security capabilities. Such client security capabilities may involve policy, process, technology, or organizational areas.
Consultants will identify gaps in the current environment and recommend best practices or solutions to reduce client risk and increase their ability to deal with emerging threats and risks to the organization.
The candidate selected for this role must have the skills and knowledge associated with SIOC practice as well:
• Experience designing, implementing and managing (processes, technology, governance model, people) Security Operation Center is required
• This role should have at least 8 years of SIOC experience
• Professional Certifications are preferred (CGEIT, CRISC, CISM, CISA.)
Other important skills: Project management, forecasting & finance, customer facing, financial awareness, Cybersecurity, ICT, Identity Management, and Security Process Implementation as well as in Systems Development and Managed IT Services.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
This position could also provide coverage for a number of IT security operation transformation deals including:
• Mainly SIOC but also Data, GDPR, Cloud related transformation and GDPR deals in Europe as the Anchor / Lead AP / Consultant / SME and help to build out the security transformation practice in Europe, so skills and experience (at least 3 years) on those subjects are appreciated.
• Knowledge of Cloud Security Strategy (related to Softlayer but also for AWS and Azure) and also Big Data are really valued.
• Vendor certification in various security technologies
• Ability to manage expectations of stakeholders (of which client)· Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong writing skills
• Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
• Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work in a matrix management model
Security Domain Skills
• Knowledge / experience in one or more of the core security domains: Security Strategy Risk and Compliance; Identity Management; SOC Enablement & Operations; SIEM, Application and Data; Infrastructure Endpoint and Mobile Security· An understanding of contemporary and legacy security technologies used within a particular domain (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Firewalls, IAM, SIEM)
• Basic understanding of compliance issues (ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT)
• The successful consultant will be an internal advisor to other IBM consultants and to clients. The consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, deal closure, and the delivery of security consulting services.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 2 years’ experience in management consulting and systems integration or Managed Security Services in a top tier professional services firm
• At least 2 years’ experience working in projects related to the core domain
Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
• Experience working with Security practitioners
• Readiness for customer related travel 35% inside IMT
• Language: Fluency in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• At least 2 years’ experience in working with security consulting teams
• At least 1 years’ experience in working in international deployment roles
• At least 1 years’ experience in management consulting
• CISPP, CISM certification
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.