Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Office of General Counsel (OGC)
Job Description & Summary
The ME Office of the General Counsel (OGC) Team operates across all lines of service and across the region to provide legal advice and support on a day-to-day basis to client-facing teams, with the goal of supporting the operation and growth of the business whilst taking appropriate risk decisions.
There are dedicated subject matter experts in each of the sub functions within the OGC team who are available to support and consult with partners and engagement teams on all legal, structural and dispute-related queries.
The litigation lawyer hired for this position must operate with a pragmatic mindset and be solution-oriented. He or she must demonstrate an ability to balance risks identified with maintaining a commercial outlook in the approach to answering queries. The role is more than just following policies or processes and includes being flexible in applying business judgment, understanding of the business, its operations, products, and services. The lawyer should have deep relationships with partners and other senior engagement team members within the business.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Adheres to the OGC Budget.
- Support Senior OGC members, ME Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and ME General Counsel (GC) on a range of legal matters arising in connection with PwC Middle East's internal and external activities.
- Provide support on commercial and transactional matters, in addition to other legal issues that may arise from time to time in additional areas (such as corporate, litigation, employment and regulatory).
- Provide updates to and work closely with Global firm R&Q and Global OGC teams as well as PwC UK OGC, on significant adverse matters.
- Provide advice to engagement teams and LoS R&Q teams on all legal related areas of risk during an engagement lifecycle.
- Liaise with other R&Q functions such as Independence, Compliance, AML etc for specialist advice.
- Build relationships with the relevant LoS R&Q Leader, other R&Q Leaders, and LoS / IFS Partners and engagement teams.
- Meet with the allocated LoS R&Q / IFS Leader to discuss key findings, areas of concerns and / or gather feedback.
- Consult and escalate to the LoS R&Q Leader / OGC ME General Counsel as necessary.
- Assist with producing guidance and templates, and assist with updating policies and procedures as necessary.
- Provide support and lead on commercial, contractual and other transactional matters.
- Assist with reviewing and redesigning processes if needed.
- Provide support to OGC projects as needed.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant PwC Network standards, policies, and procedures.
Learning & Growth
- Meet with relevant business stakeholders and LoS R&Q Partners regularly to ensure optimal relationships.
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and team members.
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the R&Q team.
- Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.