Job description / Role
An Account Manager is responsible for selling life care solution - GE Healthcare products and services in their defined market. This role is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory as well as maintaining customer relationships with the accounts in their established geographic territory.
- Prospecting for new private and governmental sector customers and business in addition to growing and maintaining the existing customer portfolio, and qualifying new leads to maintain identified business to support a balanced sales funnel for future sales
- Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, planning customer meetings, and demonstrating equipment capabilities on assigned products in assigned territory
- Sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers such as direct users of the product, but also possibly department heads or VIP level personnel
- Expected to sell point of sale service contracts, financing and drive margin though selling value and holding price
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge of GE and competitive products
- Achieve annual and quarterly achievement of multiple order and revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration and complete territory coverage
- Maintaining satisfactory after-sale relationships and development of long-term customer relationships coupled with the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs
- Develop account penetration strategies for key target and competitive accounts and communicating current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements
- Providing leadership in market analysis and development/execution of strategies and action plans to drive product sales
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Knowledge and understanding of all Global Privacy and Anti-Competition Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare HIPPA Guidelines, NEMA Regulations, etc.) and operates within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int'l Law is broken
- Knowledge and understanding of all Environmental Health Policies (including but not limited to GE Healthcare EHS Policies, GE Healthcare Fleet Rules, etc.) and operate within them to ensure that no company policy or US / Int'l Law is broken
- Ownership of order and configuration quality at the point of entry to ensure accuracy, configuration integrity and that all requirements are tied to documented customer inputs
- Drive continuous improvement on all related processes, work instructions, and procedures to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Quality Management System
- At least one of the following core experiences: 5+ years of consultative sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation in a complex sales environment involving multiple decision
- Proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs as well as to sales meetings and tradeshows
- To the extent you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned/leased, privately owned/leased or rental vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
- Ability to communicate using local language
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic, and English
- French will be a plus
- Bachelor's Degree: Biomedical Engineer - physician- Pharmaceutical or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Previous Healthcare high-end OR Anesthesia & monitors, ICU Monitors, ICU Ventilators, Cardiology, and NICU equipment sales experience
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems, networking and IT
- Robust interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze customer data and develop financially sound sales solutions
- 5+ years of demonstrated strategic selling skills including customer presentations, price quoting, product demonstration, negotiation, closing and growing a sales territory
- Proven customer acumen and relationship building skills in a healthcare environment
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
- Strong written and verbal communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
- Solid process orientation, demonstrated resource management and allocation experience, and the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of Healthcare or Pharma industry and market place trends
- Specific clinical application and/or product knowledge within assigned area
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.