Job description / Role
The lead Field Service Engineer will have a high level of expertise related to the Electrical & control aspects of variable speed drives systems , be capable of planning and executing jobs for self / site team, have a great customer reputation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. This role will provide technical and hands-on expertise to support / resolve customers’ problems.
As the Lead Field Engineer – Drives, you will:
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties and accomplish effective warranty administration
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Maintain knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 8 years of field engineering experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel 70% of the time to destinations overseas on short notice and for extended periods of time to troubleshoot
- Field Service and Commissioning experience with drives and/or power and/or automation systems and/or dynamic positioning
- Ability to execute increasingly complicated assignments, which require considerable engineering skill and creative ability and independent judgment
- Possess detailed knowledge, competence and expertise with installation and commissioning tasks and services
- Strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office applications
- Ability to learn and follow defined departmental policies, procedures and practices
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.