Job description / Role
Responsible for all financial activity of Steam Power in Egypt & Levant. The role requires a strong accounting expertise, financial acumen and proven experience in financial accounting, closing and reporting. Support the country operations and finance leaders with all Steam volume, and work with support functions on all statuary, tax, and Intercompany related matters.
- Support CFO's in all finance related matters for Steam Power in Egypt & Levant including project management, financial reporting, stat & tax matters, and balance sheet analysis
- Be accountable for all Steam financial structure in a given Company Code
- Partner with Sales and Operations teams to ensure Steam meets its financial targets
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial routines and controls to ensure appropriate reporting and measurement
- Support quarterly financial closing and reporting activities
- Lead and participate in quarter close activities (prepare and post accruals) and reporting activities (DRs)
- Lead quarterly project reviews and margin reviews as required
- Improve project cost estimation, timely invoicing
- Support region in driving billing and collection
- Reconcile / review account reconciliation as needed
- Work with Region CFO and finance to analyze balance sheet for opportunities on P&L and CFOA
- Analyze aged WIP. ECA, GRNI and drive project closures
- Support on planning cycles and BP reviews. Coordinate with relevant resources in Finance, Operations, Sales and other applicable functions
- Support CAS / STAT / Tax audits
- Support Steam projects related to LE registration and closure/ERP implementation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- 5 - 7 years of Finance experience
- Experience in managing project finance with strong accounting background
- Results oriented: working to deadlines, ability to plan, prioritize and deliver
- Strong accounting skills
- Experience in driving business solutions through influence and collaboration in a global, matrix organization.
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret data
- Demonstrate effective organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to implement strategic initiatives across collections teams
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Self motivated and high energy with strong ability to deliver results
- Working experience in PowerMax and Other ERP's
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.