Job description / Role
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
BHGE offers an experienced opportunity as Legal and Operations Professional / Company Secretary with extensive knowledge of managing corporate governance and legal entity / branch structures in the Middle East and North Africa.
The role will work closely with the BHGE product companies in the region and will be based in Cairo, Egypt.
- Responsible for the coordination and drafting of corporate governance matters for designated subsidiaries and branches in the Middle East and North Africa, including incorporating new subsidiaries and branches, filing corporate documents, dissolutions of legal entities, officer/director resignations/appointments;
- Coordinate and conduct board and shareholder meetings, minute taking and arranging for filling with the relevant internal and external registers.
- Ensure all legal entities in scope are compliant with applicable laws and internal governance standards;
- Advise legal entity directors and boards on their roles and responsibilities, facilitate the orientation of new directors;
- Draft and deliver supporting corporate documents such as officer certificates and incumbency certificates to be used for bids, treasury requirements and other worldwide company operational needs;
- Draft, deliver, and manage company-wide power of attorney requests for the subsidiaries;
- Lead and coordinate with the external party providers;
- Work closely with headquarters to help implement different projects and gain adoption across all of BHGE in the relevant region;
- Oversee the maintenance of the regional legal entity data in Blueprint;
- Other tasks and projects on an as needed basis.
- Law degree from a reputable university.
- Strong experience as a lawyer / company secretary in a law firm OR legal department of a multinational corporation.
- OR paralegal with 5+ years of corporate secretary experience
- Experience with the corporate database management system - Diligent/Blueprint OneWorld.
- Demonstrated experience performing legal research, analyzing and recommending solutions to issues of legal entity governance.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to organize and prioritize work activities efficiently;
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks and meet objectives within tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills and self-starter;
- Experience with powers of attorney/delegation of authority;
- Demonstrated ability collaborating with cross-functional teams within matrix structure;
- High ethical skills, able to function as a gatekeeper.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.