Job description / Role
Oracle has established a Legal Support Group for EMEA with a number of lawyers based in Bucharest and Prague. We are looking to recruit an additional Legal Counsel in Prague to join the team to provide centralised support for Oracle's country-based lawyers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, undertaking a variety of tasks relating to contracts, legal documents and commercial transactions. This role is ideally suited for a lawyer seeking experience in a multi-national environment, with the opportunity to develop legal, organisational and communication skills and to work with experienced lawyers in multiple jurisdictions
The role will be reporting into the Legal Director for the EMEA Legal Support Group, with some day to day management from various country-based lawyers.
- Review and negotiation of non-disclosure, teaming and similar agreements.
- Liaison with local country legal teams to support a variety of legal tasks including:
o Assignments/novations and similar requests;
o RfP and pre-sales documentation reviews;
o Negotiation of Oracle's standard commercial agreements;
o Customer data legal queries, including GDPR related requests;
- Deal Support to Oracle's Deal Management team including review and drafting of contract clauses.
- Working with Compliance and Ethics team to respond to customer requests in relation to Oracle's Compliance and Ethics policies.
- Engagement in longer term projects such as reviews of Oracle's standard contracts, online contracting and eCommerce.
- Full legal qualification preferred and a Masters' Degree in international law or other relevant area of law is an advantage.
- 2 years+ post qualification experience as a Legal Counsel/Legal Adviser would be preferred.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High levels of responsiveness and adaptability.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.