Job description / Role
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
He/she manages and coordinates internal and external dedicated teams by involving the following associated teams: Sales, finance, contract management, etc. He/She directs the project activities including those relating to risks & opportunities to reach completion of the project regarding its technical, industrial, financial, and customer satisfaction aspects.
- Ensures successful transition to the project and contributes to preparing, organizing and validating the project launch:
- Establishes and updates project requirements baseline in a collaborative work with the Bid Manager.
- Establishes and updates project execution baseline (project structure, work package description, partners and supplier contractual data, management plans, costs, budgets and financial structure, resourced schedule).
- Establishes and updates project key decision data (contingencies, strategy, and business case).
- Initializes the project: identifies the key project stakeholders, sets the project team, organizes the project structuring activities, starts-up project activities and identifies and allocates the source project requirements.
- Manages the financial aspects of the acquisition Make or Buy strategy, suppliers' consultation and negotiation, signing contract, contract's execution and closure.
- Leads the project launch review and involves all stakeholders: project team, Management Plan and associated documents (WBS, OBS, schedule, budget allocations, etc.), industrial scenario, project charter, team charter, etc.
- Executes, monitors and controls the project until its completion.
- Starts the work packages.
- Controls the project and ensures the respect of the stakeholders' commitments, while mastering risks and opportunities.
- Project Integration Management, to ensure that the various elements of the project are properly coordinated.
- Deals with the end customer (ENR) and works with rest of the involved units, regarding technical aspects, price and time, representing THALES interests.
- Controls requirements, costs and schedule during all the project life cycle.
- Manages project quality and customer and stakeholders overall satisfaction.
- Manages legal and contractual requirements including handling disputes.
- Conducts regular progress review meetings, reporting the project progress to the company senior management.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- From 5 to 10 years of experience in project management, preferably from the Railway industry or similar large and long term infrastructure projects
- Electrical/ Telecom Engineering preferable, Civil Engineering
- Railways construction background and/or railways signaling
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- High ability to manage resources within an international environment
- Business oriented and able to work towards targets
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Project Manager - Infrastructure
Project Director - Nuclear
Ignite Search & Selection
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||25 Feb|