Job description / Role
Manager - Digital Trust (Data Management & Privacy) - Core Data management - Assurance - Egypt
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
You will work with some of the most highly regarded clients in the region and help them to extract value and insight from their data. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of data projects across a range of sectors and across the Middle East region. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network. As a Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of associates and senior associates on data management engagements.
- Managing (and leading) multiple projects in tandem.
- Appraising your people through performance reviews and offering coaching and on-the-job training.
- Leading the execution and delivery of data engagements from requirements gathering and solution design through to delivery.
- Using a range of business intelligence tools and techniques to uncover insight and value.
- Presenting findings and deliverables to senior stakeholders in written reports, presentations and interactive dashboards.
- Identifying opportunities to help our clients using data and analytics.
- Promoting the use of data and analytics internally at PwC.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team in data management techniques and methodologies.
- Being an active member of the team on client-facing project work, being self-starting and motivated to produce the required high standard of deliverables
- Establishing credibility both internally and externally through your knowledge, approach, and professionalism
- Assisting business development activities through working on bids and proposal responses
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as computer science, data analytics or mathematics
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in data management and governance preferably within a professional services environment.
- In-depth understanding of at least one business intelligence tool such as Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, D3 or equivalent.
- The ability to build and manage your own portfolio of opportunities, engagements and relationships
- Strong knowledge and experience in the delivery of data management projects including data governance, data quality, data transformation, data analysis and data protection.
- Strong knowledge of database and ETL technologies and proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- The ability to capture business requirements and translate them into a technical solution.
- Strong project management skills in relation to data management projects, including developing project plans, budgets and deliverables schedules.
- Experience working in data privacy and protection (e.g. GDPR) is attractive but not essential.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling the candidate to build rapport with clients and lead and motivate a team.
- Potential and ambition to develop a long-term career at PwC
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.