Job description / Role
The translation and deployment of nutrition science and knowledge to guide product innovation and renovation and consumer relevant communication.
Apply findings of research, dietary guidelines, relevant population trends, nutritional needs into innovations of nutrition products & digital initiatives; drive continuous improvement of Nestle products by applying product nutrient profiles and quality criteria according to population diet, guide products nutrition and health benefits, credible brand communications and stories. Transfer knowledge among peers and business stakeholders. Protect Nestle's NHW reputation, inspire and enable Nestle's Purpose.
A day in the life of
- Guiding product category(ies) I&R and brand nutrition communication by translating nutrition science and target population nutritional needs
- Leads the interpretation/evaluation of available knowledge and nutrition science to guide business partners and product developers. Coordinate market nutritional landscaping, dietary intakes, nutrition & health status understanding activities. Responsibility for market driven Nutritional Education and training activities internally (e.g. brand builders, product developers. AG) or externally (consumer programs, customers)
- Ensures the provision of credible & timely technical assistance, nutrition guidance for business / product category under responsibility or transversally across various businesses. Ensure knowledge transfer of NHW solutions to market Application Group.
- Drives the identification of nutrition gaps & opportunities for portfolio evolution & growth
- Lead nutrition dimension in the new market driven product development at early stage and with continuous inputs along the E2E process
- Lead the definition of desired nutritional profile for target population
- Ensure the substantiation behind nutrition or health claims development
- Leads the market products/portfolio NHW KPIs deliverables
- External KOL/ authorities' engagement
What will make you successful
- University Degree (Master or PhD Degree in in Nutrition/Dietetics, Life science, food science and technology with nutrition specialization)
- 3-5 years of work experience in academia, industry and/or public health nutrition organizations
- Fluency in French Language is required
- Has deep understanding of facts, policies and practices related to job area and is recognized as subject matter professional
- Able to develop and implements new products, processes, operational plans to shape the category and/or cross-category portfolio that will have impact at the center/market area. May manage projects / processes & contribute to projects deliverables in expertise
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.