Job description / Role
This Role oversees the accounting & reconciliation of all non-US income tax accounts for GAS Franchise Ledgers in the META region. Determine & minimize the company's worldwide tax liability with the highest integrity while complying with worldwide tax laws. Senior level professional position requiring subject matter knowledge & experience, independence in problem solving & decision making. Work with finance leaders to identify & migrate existing responsibilities supporting & tax processes.
In partnership with the Regional Tax Ops Leader and the Global Biz Tax Operations leader to develop and implement world class tax accounting processes for all Gas Franchise Divisions/ledgers throughout the META Pole, in line with the Global Enterprise Standard. Manage the wing-to-wing tax accounting process under ASC 740 rules (including reviewing GAAP to stat adjustment for tagging/ deferred tax, Stat to Tax Adjustments and Return to Accrual) for all Gas Franchise ledgers in META
- Provide direct leadership and development together with Leader in the region for all personnel direct reports
- Define and execute the following tax reporting and tax controllership processes:
- Oversee the accounting and reconciliation of all non-US income tax accounts for GAS ledgers in region
- Supervise and review the tax settlements for GAS entities and review annual RTA/FAS 109 calculations
- Handles all wing-to-wing tax reporting and tax accounting processes including forecasting, tax provision, compliance and settlement.
- Responsible for all CIT Accounts including Account recs and approves the corporate tax accounts reconciliations on quarterly basis
- Own and manage the account reconciliation metrics for CIT accounts and define efficient processes to minimize/ eliminate unreconciled accounts
- Focus on team & department priorities within operating unit and may be responsible for work and development of others.
- Lead largely through strong influencing and change management skills. Look for the best solutions by seeking, sharing, and partnering with others in order to identify best practices globally for simplification and adopt to META region.
- Prior experience in managing the tax accounting/compliance affairs in a pan-regional role, Knowledge of Tax IT applications
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in US GAAP accounting for income taxes and tax compliance processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership or Manager experience
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected
- College degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Major experience with Statutory/Tax filings, with focus on Tax Controllership, preferably within GE or with a Big4
- ACCA or CPA qualified
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS GAAP & ability to identify efficiently identify the drivers to G2S differences & tagging
- Prior experience in managing the tax accounting/tax compliance affairs in a pan-regional role, Knowledge of Tax IT applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter & a quick learner with a commitment to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to details & experience with data analytics
- Ability to identify risk areas which can impact the timeliness and accuracy of the filing milestones and propose solutions
- Strong PC skills, experience with ERP and reporting systems
- Fluent in English and Arabic , oral and written (French is a plus)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.