Job description / Role
The Deputy Operations & Engineering Manager is in charge of applying the operational policy defined in accordance with the Operation department. This role will manage training & documentation, Planning Managers, Dispatching Officers and Planners.
* Assists the Operation Director in their duties.
* Develops and delivers the transport offering in accordance with Transport Manager, Maintenance, Customer Services and HR departments.
* Setting up and organising processes and methods for operations & engineering, such as:
* Railway safety (regulation, security & safety, internal control) and operation training (making sure that all operations employees are trained, writing all training documents and training plan).
* Running of Line 3 and future extensions of Line 3 (Phase 4) ensuring the adapted transport offering.
* Providing the timetable planning of train services, overseeing the roster of all operations employee.
* Increase passenger revenue income.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with the various services (maintenance, operations, customer service, quality, and HR).
* Defines medium and long-term strategies for operations for the Line(s) he/she manages.
* Prepares, validates, and deploys corrective action plans following performance analysis (including service reliability analysis, performance, service regulation calculation, planning employees, roster scheduling and timetable preparation).
* Analyse the traffic revenues analysis in order to prepare adjusted timetables and the training to be prepared and managed.
* Guarantees operational key performance indicator (KPI) targets of the Line are met.
* Interviews and validates new employees in line with the HR process.
* Employees, who manage, perform, and verify work affecting quality, railway safety, workplace safety (OH&S) and impacting on the environment shall:
* Ensure employees under their control are aware of their responsibilities relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual, and current policies & procedures.
* Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformance relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety
* Manual and current policies & procedures.
* Identify and record problems relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual, and current policies & procedures.
* Initiate, recommend or provide solutions to issues relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual, and current policies & procedures.
* Diploma / Degree in Engineering or B.Sc./M.Sc. with Physics / Electronics / Computer Science.
* Fluency in English and Arabic language.
* Defining medium and long-term strategies for the operation of the rail/metro lines.
* Drafting operation rules & procedures.
* Drafting training documentation.
* Effective management skills in terms of leading a team, designing and delivering training courses.
* Effective bilingual communication skills (written and verbal).
* Minimum of 5 years' experience gained in a railway operation or similar environment.
* Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing contracts and a large operational workforce (human, social, organisation and technical).
Desired Skills & Behaviours:
* Possess extensive knowledge of railway systems.
* Ability to undertake "hands on" work in core area and on safety issues.
* Extensive knowledge of start-up operations.
* Leadership skills.
* Basic comprehension of Electrical power and Mechanical Engineering.
* Thoroughness in planning and execution.
* Quality conscious.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills, organising and industrial relation skills.
* Mentoring skills.
* Ability to put organisation before self.
* Ability to analyse situations and take quick decisions.
* Demonstrated capability of developing innovative solutions to manage sensitive industrial relations issues.
* Excellent planning, conceptual and consultative skills.
* Effective co-ordination.
* Must be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
* Well adept at time-management.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.