Job description / Role
RATP Dev, is a multinational French company, operating across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 13 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
The Metro Driver Manager ensures the operational service and matches the high level of security and safety and quality of service required that are in line with key performance indicators (KPI's). Responsible for running of trains and for the management of:
- Safety of passengers and employees.
- Quality of service for passengers.
- Interface with maintenance to ensure trains follow the timetable.
- Daily train checking taking into account safety procedures.
- Daily train checking taking into account quality of services.
- Monitoring Drivers on the job and check their fitness during the "sign-on".
The Metro Driver Manager will:
- Participate in solving any breakdown in case of any incident.
- Assist in the hiring of Driver Supervisors and Drivers.
- Assist in training and competency of Drivers.
- Be the interface with Rolling Stock maintenance.
- Be responsible for preparing and timely updating documentation of transport department.
- Be responsible for the training of Driver department employees.
- Liaise with the CCP & PCP Managers, CCP Traffic Controller and Operation Engineering Department.
- Ensure a high-quality safe service for the passengers of Cairo Metro Line 3 in accordance with the operational KPI's.
Before Commercial Operation Date (COD):
- Responsible for a team of Driver Supervisors and Drivers
- Assist in the recruitment of the traffic employees as per the hiring plan.
- Manage the writing of traffic procedures in normal, de-graded and emergency mode.
- Supervise the training of Train Pilots and involvement directly in the training of Traffic Assistant Managers.
- Organize in detail, the daily schedule of his team.
- Responsible for the safe operation of trains.
- Responsible to the Director-Operation to achieve the level of service defined in the contract.
- Responsible to enforce the promulgated timetable.
- Assist in solving any breakdown whenever called upon to do so.
- Prepare daily reports regarding the running of train services with respect to their punctuality or any unusual events affecting the traffic.
- Prepare correspondences, standard operating procedures, and timetables.
- Work in close co-ordination with CCP.
- Applying traffic engineering skills in areas of traffic management, safety improvement, accident reports, speed limit revisions,
complaint investigation and analysis.
- Direct employee compliance with policies, procedures, and practices.
- Interact with various direction to co-ordinate schedule and procedural changes and ensure quality service.
- Maintain support and promote a safe work environment while complying with all of Metro Operation safety rules, policies and
- Communicate and implement safety rules, policies, and procedures in support of the organisations safety vision and goals and
maintain accountability for the safety performance of all sub-ordinate employees.
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental operation budget.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or any other related discipline.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Drafting operation rules & procedures.
- Drafting training documentation.
- Developing cooperative relationships with internal and external actors.
- Industrial projects and their commissioning.
- Full involvement in the safety issues (personnel & equipment).
- Effective bilingual communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective management skills.
- Minimum 10 years' experience of extensive proven gained in a railway operation or similar environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing and developing team effectively and a large operational workforce (human, social, organisation and technical).
- Previous experience of setting up processes and training.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.
Metro Stations Supervisor / Administration Supervisor M/F
Driver Supervisor / Fleet Supervisor M/F
Driver Supervisor / Fleet Supervisor
Station / Administration Supervisor
Metro Operations Technical Training & Documentation Officer