Job description / Role
Metro Drivers Supervisor / Fleet Supervisor
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimising public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in multiple countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading, innovative and sustainable mobility player in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo (RDMC) will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extensions therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
- Before COD (Commercial Operation Date)
- Is responsible for a team of Drivers.
- Assists in the recruitment of the traffic employees as per the hiring plan.
- Manages the writing of traffic procedures in normal, de-graded and emergency mode.
- Involves & supervises the training of Drivers.
- Organizes in detail, the daily schedule of his team.
- Takes appropriate decisions in case of any deviation from the planned program.
During ETR (Empty Trial Running):
- Participates in the definition of the ETR programme.
- Organizes the work of Driver Department to run tests during ETR.
- Draws up the roster of Drivers to run trains.
- Is responsible to run some tests.
- Participates in the overall analysis of the results, with other Operation team members.
After COD (Commercial Operation Date):
- Is responsible for the safe operation of trains.
- Is responsible to enforce the promulgated time table.
- Implements plans and strategies to continually enhance the level of service provided to passengers.
- Ensures competency of staff in the operations of facilities and equipment and knowledge of operating procedures.
- Ensures that any decisions made by superiors in times of crisis are carried out immediately.
- Liaises with the relevant sections and authorities during incidents and emergencies.
- Assists in solving any breakdown whenever called upon to do so.
- Prepares daily reports regarding the running of train services with respect to their punctuality or any unusual events affecting the traffic.
- Prepares correspondences, standard operating procedures and time tables.
- Works in close co-ordination with CCP.
- Applying traffic engineering skills in areas of traffic management, safety improvement, accident reports, speed limit revisions, complaint investigation and analysis.
- Direct employee compliance with policies, procedures and practices.
- Interacts with various direction to co-ordinate schedule and procedural changes and ensure quality service.
- Maintains support and promotes a safe work environment while complying with all of Metro Operation safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Communicates and implements safety rules, policies and procedures in support of the Organizations safety vision and goals and maintain accountability for the safety performance of all sub-ordinate employees.
- Assists in the preparation of the direction operation budget.
- Undertakes any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in any related discipline, Engineering background will be preferred.
- English language (Good) and local language.
- Drafting operation rules & procedures
- Drafting training documentation
- Developing cooperative relationships with internal and external actors
- Industrial projects and their commissioning
- Full involvement in the safety issues (personnel & equipment)
- Having strong oral and written communication skills
- Management skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience of extensive proven gained in transport operations or similar environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing and developing team effectively and a large operational workforce (human, social, organisation and technical).
We offer a competitive remuneration package. If your qualifications, experience, and skills fit our requirements, please click on the "Apply" button above and we will review your application.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.