Job description / Role
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
• To Assist the Training & Documentation Manager in his duties.
To be responsible for:
• Railway safety (Regulation, Security & Safety, Internal Control),
• Operation training (making sure that all operation staff is trained, writing all training documents and training plan).
Documentations: (Rules, regulations, procedures, training support):
• To write all railway safety documents and operations training documents.
• To format all documents of the Operations Direction and to prepare them in a ready to submit mode.
• To manage the documents of the Operations Direction as per the Quality Management System.
• To systematically and timely print and file the correspondence to and from the client.
• To maintain all documents as per the Document Management System.
• To prepare complete documents related all jobs for all staff members for new recruits and refresher course thereto.
• To provide practical training to let all staff understand their working.
• To write all operation training modules as per Organization requirements.
• To train all operation staff members and the middle managers & managers.
• To certify competency of employees (Transport, Control & Security, Operation Engineering).
• Will be controlling officer during training with signing confidential reports, leave etc;
• Custodian of Operations training documentation as per the Organization quality system;
• Any other related work assigned by Director- Operation.
• To provide the actions plan and the schedules of training.
• To assist in preparation of all divisions (transport, security & control,), Integrated procedures, rules and training modules
• To perform regular counseling sessions and update safety related information and disseminate to all operations staff members
• Responsible for discipline of Trainees including monitoring leaves.
• Monitor the working of all operations staff members note down shortcomings and advise improvements required in training programs. Evaluate all operation trainees during and after training.
• To examine all operations staff members on regular basis regarding competency to do their job safely.
• Keep Training documentation and records as per Quality and Safety Policy of the organization.
• To ensure relations with the various services (maintenance, operations, customer service, quality and HR teams).
• To audit/to assess the middle managers & managers during the training sessions (refresh training) and the operation staff members trained. And to define the actions plan if necessary.
• Personnel, who manage, perform and verify work affecting quality, railway safety, workplace safety (OH&S) and impacting on the environment shall:
• Ensure staffs under their control are aware of their responsibilities relating to the company's Rail Safety Manual, Health & Safety Manual and current Policies & Procedures.
• Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence
• Diploma / Degree in Engineering or B.Sc./M.Sc. with Physics / Electronics / Computer Science.
• Good English drafting skills for preparing the modules/procedures.
• Working knowledge of computers.
• Experience of training
• English language and the local language
• Defining medium and long term strategies for Operation of the lines
• Drafting operation rules & procedures
• Drafting training documentation
• Communication skills (Oral and Written)
• Valid driving license.
• A medical test will be organized in order to access the capability of the candidate for the job.
• Special psychometric tests to access candidate capabilities.
• Qualified for driving trains.
• Qualified for track access.
• Qualified for operations jobs (CCP, Security and Control).
• Minimum 8 years' experience of extensive proven gained in a railway operation or similar environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing contracts and a large operational workforce (human, social, organization and technical).
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.