Job description / Role
Metro Traffic Controller M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, is a multinational French company, operating across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion, and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office of RATP Dev which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 13 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region. Recognized as a worldwide expert in automated metro, RATP Dev has been awarded significant contracts in the Middle East and is now operating a total of 5 driverless metro lines in the region, including two of the Riyadh metro in Saudi Arabia.
In the larger MENA region, RATP Dev operates Algiers metro, Algeria's tramway networks, and Casablanca (Morocco) tramways. RATP Dev will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
Before COD (Commercial Date Operation):
- Involvements in setting up of the OCC.
- Will be responsible for the assigned controlling duties.
- Will be involved in the writing of the CCP/PCP procedures.
During ETR (Empty Trial Running):
- Will assist the CCP Manager in the definition of the ETR program.
- Will assist the CCP Manager in organising the role of the CCP division during ETR.
- Is Responsible to run some tests.
After COD (Commercial Date Operation):
- Monitors the movement of trains of Mainline/Depot.
- Monitor the Alarms/Events through SCADA workstation
- Manage the train services
- Assists the CCP Manager to review and analyses operations and monitors system performance to identify and solves problems and ensures efficient and costs effective operations.
- Assists in evaluating the performance of the CCP to ensure conformance with the directions goals and objectives and eliminates impediments to peak performance.
- Assists in directing all operations during evacuation like informing maintenance managers, direct station officers, train drivers, keep monitoring the situation through feedbacks and takes corrective actions.
- Assists the CCP Manager in preparation of reports, correspondence, standard operating procedures and transportation notices (time tables),
- Maintains, supports and promotes a safe work environment while complying with all of Metro's safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Will be in charge of the power supply network management. To do so he will configure the PCP as per the scenario of operations.
- Besides, he will configure the network for maintenance needs without disturbing the running of trains.
- Configuration of the PCP to scenarios of operation in the degraded mode.
- During the night shift, when maintenance work is in progress, he will be responsible to ensure the correct configuration of the circuit breakers with the aid of the computerized system of SCADA.
- Feeds electrical power to the depot (stabling tracks, depot tracks) based on the request of Maintenance Direction.
- Is responsible for the device cut off in case of request by any drivers.
- Interlocking against conflicting routes.
- Flank protection.
- Point detection and track-circuit clearance.
- Routes over-run protection.
- Signal indications to support line of sight driving procedure.
- Bi-direction working on each line, between adjacent interlocking stations.
- Route holding of a set route, when a train is approaching, within the route and the overlap.
- Releases of the route post the safe and scheduled passage of a train, on a set route.
- Route and track circuit clearance and blocking.
- Monitors the trains and the delays which can occur due to the following cases:
- Incidents on the line.
- Organizing exchange of trains between depot and mainline and vice versa.
- Routes setting on entrance/exit to/from the depot.
- Bachelor Degree in Power Engineering
- English language (Fluent)
- Drafting operation rules & procedures
- Drafting training documentation
- Developing cooperative relationships with internal and external actors
- Having strong oral and written communication skills
- Management skills
- Minimum 3 years' experience of extensive proven gained in a railway operation or similar environment.
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.