Job description / Role
Metro Training & Documentation Manager M/F
About the company
RATP Dev, in the Middle East and across the world, is committed to developing and optimizing public transportation systems. Everywhere, we operate to boost the local economy and quality of life of our passengers. Everywhere, we are driven by excellence, passion and determination in welcoming challenge.
RATP Dev Middle East is the regional head office which operates and maintains urban transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on its networks. Headquartered in Dubai for 10 years, RATP Dev Middle East has become a leading innovative and sustainable mobility players in the MENA region.?
In the wider MENA region, RATP Dev Mobility Cairo will soon be in charge of the operations and maintenance of Cairo Line 3 and its future extension therefore we are actively sourcing quality talent for this new and exciting venture in Egypt.
About the job
- To assist the Operations & Engineering Manager in their duties.
- To be responsible for setting up and organising processes and methods for training & documentations, such as:
- Railway safety (regulation, security & safety, internal control).
- Operations training (making sure that all operations employees are trained, writing all training documents and training plans).
Documentation: (rules, regulations, procedures, training support):
- To write all railway safety documents and operations training documents.
- To format all documents of the Operations department and to prepare them in a ready to submit mode.
- To manage the documents of the Operations department in line with the Quality Management System.
- To systematically print and file the correspondence to and from the client in a timely manner.
- To maintain all documents in line with the Document Management System.
- To prepare the reports for Operations department in a timely and accurate manner.
- To prepare complete documents related to all jobs for all employees including new recruits and refresher course thereto.
- To provide practical training to let all employees understand their work requirements.
- To write all operation training modules in line with organisational requirements.
- To train all operations employee and management.
- To certify competency of employees (transport, control & security, operation engineering).
- To be the controlling officer during training signing confidential reports, leave and other related documentation.
- To be the custodian of operations training documentation in line with the organisation quality system.
- To deliver efficiently and accurately any other related work assigned by Director of Operations.
- To provide the action plans and the schedules of training.
- To assist in preparation of all divisions (transport, security & control, and others), integrated procedures, rules, and training modules.
- To perform regular counselling sessions and update safety related information and disseminate to all operations employee.
- Responsible for discipline of Trainees including monitoring leave availed.
- Monitor the working of all operations employees note down shortcomings and advise improvements required in training programs.
- Evaluate all operations Trainees during and after training.
- To examine all operations employees on regular basis regarding competency to do their job safely.
- Keep training documentation and records in line with Quality and Safety Policies of the organisation.
- To maintain effective relationships across the organisation (maintenance, operations, customer service, quality, and HR teams).
- To audit/to assess the middle managers & managers during the training sessions (refresher training courses) and the operations employees trained and to define the action plans if necessary.
- Diploma / Degree in Engineering or B.Sc./M.Sc. with Physics / Electronics / Computer Science.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and Arabic drafting skills for preparing the modules/procedures.
- Robust working knowledge of computers.
- Experience in training including design, delivery, scheduling, and assessment.
- Fluency in English and Arabic with French preferred.
- Skilled in defining medium and long-term strategies for the operation of the lines.
- Skilled in drafting operations rules & procedures.
- Proficient in drafting training documentation.
- Effective management skills in terms of leading a team and training courses.
- Effective bilingual communication skills (written and verbal).
- Valid driving license.
- A medical test will be organised in order to access the capability of the candidate for the job.
- Special psychometric tests to access candidate capabilities.
- Qualified for driving trains.
- Qualified for track access.
- Qualified for operations jobs (CCP, Security and Control)
- Minimum 8 years' experience of training and documentation management gained from a railway operation or similar environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in managing contracts and a large operational workforce (human, social, organisation and technical).
Benefits & how to apply
Competitive remuneration package.
Other requirements for the role
- Possess extensive knowledge of railway systems and jobs.
- Ability to undertake "hands on" work in core area and on safety issues.
- Extensive knowledge of start-up operations.
- Leadership skills.
- Basic comprehension of Electrical power and Mechanical Engineering.
- Thoroughness in planning and execution.
- Quality conscious.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, organising and industrial relation skills.
- Mentoring skills.
- Ability to put organisation before self.
- Ability to analyse situations and take quick decisions.
- Demonstrated capability of developing innovative solutions to manage sensitive industrial relations issues.
- Excellent planning, conceptual and consultative skills.
- Effective co-ordination.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Well adept at time-management.
- 01 - Permanent contract
- Africa, Egypt
- Level of education required
- Bachelor or equivalent
- Level of experience required
- From 5 to 10 years
- Arabic (D - Mother tongue)
- English (C - Fluent)
About the Company
We operate and maintain urban and intercity transportation systems in 12 countries, on four continents, carrying more than 1.5 billion annual passengers on our networks.
Our parent company, RATP, is the transportation operator for Paris and the surrounding region. It ensures 12 million trips a day on one of the world's densest and most multi-modal transportation network.
As the world's fifth-largest transportation company, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometers of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe.
Every day we innovate for smarter, more sustainable cities by designing, operating and maintaining networks for the well-being of our passengers. Our key words: passion and determination.