Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for talented people who will join our Global Multi-Vendor Network Support (MVS) Competency center. In this challenging role, you will have the chance to work with the best and brightest team and with cutting edge network technologies like F5, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Fortinet and Riverbed.
Your responsibilities would consist of:
- Administrating and providing L1/L2 remote network support to both customers and internal field personnel in any country where IBM does business;
- Handling requests and incidents;
- Performing diagnose, solving complex technical issues and providing root cause analysis;
- Performing troubleshooting over remote access sessions, as well as offline investigation of device logs and documentation;
- Use lab hardware to assemble customer configurations in order to replicate customer failure mechanisms;
- Use specialized debug equipment such as scopes and analyzers to isolate complex client problems;
- Communicating and collaborating with various internal departments as well as external vendors/OEMs;
- Flexible schedule to support 24/7 shift operations and on-call coverage (as applicable).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- B.Sc. in Electronics/Communication/Computer Engineering - Computer science.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- 0 - 4 years of experience in Technical Support or similar fields
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Expressing any certain aspect of the work place to make it better "Self-motivated ".
- Handling off hours for business needs, whenever required.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.