Job description / Role
Our client is looking to appoint a Museums Operating Director in Cairo. The candidate placed in this role will be responsible for the Financial and Legal Framework of the Museum as well as all curatorial decisions. You will assess all programs, projects, budgets and business decisions as they relate to the strategic plan and institutional priorities. Develop and oversee the annual budget and review, analyse and report on these results in order to update the strategic financial plans and forecast. You will serve as the primary liaison with external legal counsel for all legal matters. You will be responsible for taking the creative vision for the museum spaces set by the Curatorial Director and implementing it into a practical delivery programme across all of the elements of the project within the context of the overarching ambition of creating a world class visitor attraction. You will demonstrate exceptional project management skills and will ensure that the exhibition spaces are delivered on time and to budget.
- Have significant experience at Senior Executive Level within the museums/cultural sector with a bias to artefacts
- Be able to manage a large profit and loss account for an independent heritage institution
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience of all Curatorial aspects including loans, acquisitions and the management of object-based museum collections and fine art-based gallery collections
- Demonstrate the ability to convert a curatorial vision into the physical infrastructure required to deliver astonishing world class museum spaces
- Have significant experience in budgeting and financial management at senior level
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with a variety of stakeholders
USD 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities/ Business or similar
- Professional experience working in a museum
- 5 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Experience managing a profit and loss account for an independent Heritage Institution
About the Company
The name MENASA originates from both the geographical region of Middle East, North Africa & South Asia as well as the Arabic word for platform or stage. We provide the platform for employers to approach the best global talent available.
Menasa & Partners is a privately owned, fully licensed, Executive Search company head-quartered in Dubai, UAE.
From our head office in Dubai we are ideally placed to assist organizations in the global search for talent.
We specialize in providing companies not only with suitable individuals to work in their organizations but also offer unparalleled knowledge of the global markets.
Our staff all have in depth knowledge of their vertical markets therefore offering tailored strategic advice.