Job description / Role
Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Design and implement office policies for usage of office facilities - meeting rooms, Cafeteria, workspaces, storage rooms.
- Managing office resources - stationery , equipment , fixtures
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Supervise office staff - receptionist, office boy etc. and their responsibilities
- In charge of office cleanliness by liaising with concerned agencies or departments
- Control correspondences , prepare required forms for management team specially for travel purposes
- Review and approve office supply requisitions.
- Liaise with other agencies, organizations and groups for telephone connections, Govt. agencies etc.
- Maintain office records for the office
- Design filing systems and define procedures for record retention and ensure protection and security of files and records.
- Support in coordinating staff events.
- Maintain office efficiency:
- Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement
- Maintain and replenish inventory , manage supplies
- Work with the Legal and Finance teams to create contracts and POs.
- Follow up with the Finance Team on suppliers' payments.
- Assistance for the Country Manager
- Travel and calendar management
- Arranging with legal as required by the CM for travel and other purposes
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5-10 years similar office management & PA exposure
- MS-Office suite
- Filing system
- Report preparation and generation
- Previous email correspondence exposure
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.