Job description / Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and implement. To make markets, invent, collaborate and not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
The IBM Technology Support Services (TSS) Open Source support mission is in the third wave of "start-up mode". Join us in what promises to be an exciting and incredibly rewarding journey in helping customers transform their businesses using community Open Source Software.
IBM's Global Open Source team is looking for engineers experienced implementing clients digital transformations needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Implement solution designs for clients along with architects
- Translate requirements into the design and development of customized system
- Experience in Java Application deployment, configuration, tuning
- Troubleshoot and resolve design and configuration issues in the customer's environment
- Create knowledge via articles, blogs or remote training
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of implementation experience on one or more of these open source projects: Apache Kafka, OpenJDK, Spring Framework, Java, Apache ActiveMQ
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous Customer Facing Role
- Eagerness to learn and expand technical competencies regularly
- Flexible with change
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Skills to develop software solutions using cloud native technologies utilizing languages such as Python, Java or Golang via DevOps best practices
- Experience with event driven architecture and messaging
- Cloud integration experience
- Existing contributions to an Open Source community or a desire to do so
- Experience collaborating (support forums, mailing lists or code) with ONE or more of these open source projects: PostgreSQL, Apache Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, Redis, MongoDB, MariaDB, MySQL, Apache Spark, Galera Cluster, Apache CouchDB.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.